All companies are not the same. What makes TD special as a business is also, what makes us special as an employer. Why TD?
TD's Colleague Promise: A better you. A better us.
A more confident you means a stronger us. We empower you to grow your skills, gain new perspectives, and create impact at work and in your community. That's our unique and inclusive culture.Department Overview
Co-op and Internship opportunities allow you to gain valuable work experience across a number of the businesses at TD. You will work with experienced colleagues, receive world class training, and be part of a community of students across TD, where you will have an impact, grow as individual and experience our culture of care.
Our Co-op/Intern Programming
is offered with select Co-op and Internship roles, and is designed to help you better understand the TD business, build on critical career capabilities, and broaden your professional network. This program is designed to complement your on-the job experience and features:
•Leadership talks with key Leaders from across the organization
•Lunch and Learns on topics such as Innovation
•Diversity and Inclusion and Personal Branding and so much more
TD Wealth takes a sophisticated and holistic goals discovery approach to wealth planning and protection to provide highly personalized advice, solutions and service to clients. Financial Planning
team understands that helping clients set and achieve their financial goals while delivering a legendary customer experience is what drives our business success, new business and client loyalty. We do this by knowing our clients, offering the most professional and personalized solutions and building award-winning, high-performing teams.
We have a long and growing history in wealth management leadership and are poised for even greater future success. Feel welcome, challenged and rewarded. Trust us, you'll be busy, but never bored. Job Description
The future financial planner is a professional skilled at providing mass affluent investing clients with comprehensive financial planning and advice.
With a focus on relationship management, advice and business development, you will:
• Identify your client's life and financial goals, provide comprehensive reviews and build long-term relationships through financial planning expertise, relationship building and ongoing services
• Conduct reporting and relevant analysis using results to draw conclusions, make recommendations and continually assess the effectiveness of programs, policies and practices
• Contribute to team and department goals while strengthening customer service and dedication
• Monitor service, productivity and assess efficiency and implement continuous improvements
• Be knowledgeable of best practices and procedures and stay ahead of emerging trends
• Acquire and apply expertise, provide mentorship, assistance and direction to others
• Maintain a culture of risk management and control, supported by aligned risk appetite
• Participate fully as a member of the team, support a positive and service-oriented work environment Requirements
• Currently enrolled in an undergraduate degree in Finance, Accounting, Analytics, Data, Business/Commerce, or related field
• Must be enrolled in an undergraduate degree with the intent of going back to school at the start of your work term These requirements will be necessary after the intern in order to start a career as Financial Planner.
University Degree and/or 3-5 years industry experience
Canadian Securities Course (CSC) required
IIROC license preferred (required within first 90 days in role)
C omplete Conduct & Practices Handbook (CPH) within first 90 days in role
IQPF licensing required prior to start date (for Quebec only)
Complete Wealth Management Essentials (WME) within first 30 months in role Additional Information Early Talent Requirements
• This position is a 4-month work term and will commence September - December 2023.
• Applications must include a transcript, cover letter (one letter-sized page or less) and a resume (maximum of 2 pages).
• We welcome all applications; however, we will only contact qualified candidates chosen for an interview. Thank you for your interest.
• TD requires employees to reside in the country where the role is located, irrespective of remote working arrangements
• TD is committed to providing you with the best candidate experience and internship in these unique circumstances. As such, work location and start dates are subject to change. HOURS
• Monday-Friday, standard business hours Start Date
- Fall Inclusiveness
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Education and Training