Tell us your story. Don't go unnoticed. Explain why you're a winning candidate. Think "TD" if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here's our story: jobs.td.com Department Overview
Every day is an adventure in TD Insurance's 's Appraisal Centre of Excellence. You will find a group of colleagues coming together to service our customers in their time of need, with a mandate to provide technical expertise, leadership and best practices, to deliver high value services, with a consistent approach to Auto Appraisals across TD Insurance Claims and Vendor Management.
Your role within the Appraisal COE is essential to TDI's success, as our customers are at the center of everything we do.
Grow, learn and lead; beyond your day-to-day work, you'll be supported with professional development and encouraged to build an exciting career at TD. You'll help deliver a legendary experience to our business, our customers' lives and our communities Job Description
Ideal candidate for this position will be responsible for writing or reviewing appraisals in the field while customer facing.
Appraisal expertise will also include writing and reviewing appraisals off images provided to TDI through the estimating system ensuring accuracy of the estimate. Requirements
- Strong technical automotive experience required in collision repair.
- Ability to determine if a vehicle is repairable or should be deemed a total loss within compliance of the regional Branding requirements.
- Write and or Review repair estimates and negotiates with repair shop(s) on proper repair methods and price for the client's vehicle/repairs.
- Control expenditure to repair shops by following up promptly on further damage reported by the repair shop.
- Completes in person or virtual vehicle re-inspections uploaded by repair shops.
- Expected flexibility to assist and cooperates with colleagues during busy periods.
- Participates in various team and performance meetings.
- Travel to various sites within Montreal to review automotive physical damage and conduct appraisals.
- Ability to cover all regions across Canada within the remote estimating program and Image Capture process.
- Work in tandem with other appraisers when required to cover staffing shortages, vacation time, absences etc.
- The candidate must have direct experience either appraising auto damages or working in an auto body shop.
- Demonstrate superior interpersonal and communication skills and strong client focus.
- Maintain positive morale and demonstrate team spirit.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with internal and external clients.
- Must have excellent organization and time management skills.
- Must be comfortable working independently to organize daily work routine & within a team environment
- College or Technical degree would be an asset.
- Completion of autobody industry accepted technical courses is an asset (continuation of education will be required).
- Possess (3+ years) technical knowledge of auto body work and mechanical repairs.
- Interprovincial Red seal Certification would be an asset.
- Possessing GAA License or ability to works towards GAA license
- Valid Driver's License required.
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Banking, Finance and Insurance