Fall 2022 Co-op: Junior Project Controls Analyst
Our Rogers Wireless team is growing! We are looking for new team members that are collaborative, digital-first, fast-moving, bold-thinking, and focused on delivering impact in everything they do.
We know our customers rely on us to connect them to their families, friends, and what matters most. Through our three wireless brands -- Rogers, Fido, and chatr - we are proud to offer Canadians value and choice on a variety of plans. As the market leader in 5G for both coverage and reliability and with our world class network that offers wireless connectivity from coast-to-coast-to-coast, we are paving the way for the future of innovation, providing the framework for new possibilities so that what's impossible today, won't be tomorrow.
At Rogers, your journey is filled with limitless possibilities; build the future you want with us.
Let's make your possible.
Are you up for the challenge and the fun? If so, consider the following opportunity:
Start your career with a strong foundation and spend your Co-op work term with us! Our Co-op Program gives students the opportunity to be involved in meaningful projects, contribute real work, rewarding opportunities and building an inclusive future for everyone. We have a long history of investing in the next generation and we're committed to making Rogers the top destination for young people to start and grow their careers in Canada.
At Rogers, your journey is filled with limitless possibilities - let's make your possible.About the BU:
PMO Governance and Controls is at the heart and start of project deployment and controls. Working within capital management and project accounting, the incumbent will work closely with a high performing and technologically driven team. We are looking for an enthusiastic and highly motivated individual to assist our team of Capital Management Analysts and continue to drive innovation and project controls. This entry level role will allow the incumbent to accumulate experience within the larger area of capital management but more importantly will empower and promote creativity and critical thinking all while liaising with different members of the team, across the country, from engineering to project management.What you will do...
What you will bring...
- Assist overall CAPEX spend targets by setting up project budgets on a timely basis
- Review CAPEX portfolio and assist team with the identification and closing of legacy projects
- Review inventory and other related hurdles across portfolio and work with stakeholders to help clear out
- Support the Manager with Capital Spend reporting packages, business cases, presentations, and ad hoc analysis
- Work with the Oracle Financial Systems & Tools (ADI, Discoverer, Smartview, Noetix) to extract and automate data flows
- Design/develop tools and systems that allow the team to achieve greater efficiency
Here's what you can expect in return:
- Enrolled in an accredited co-op program working towards a degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or equivalent
- Microsoft Office 365, MS SharePoint, Power Query M code, VBA, DAX
- Passionate about finance and technology and has the enthusiasm to continuously improve processes and flows
- A mindset of creativity, innovation, and energetic drive to succeed
- As part of the recruitment process, successful candidates will be required to completecriminalandcreditbackground checks
- A team who deeply cares about your development and long-term career at Rogers
- A team that trusts and wants to win together
- A competitive salary
- Access to leading edge technology and services so we can make more possible for our customers and our business every day.
- A campus team that will keep you engaged through onboarding and your work term
- An opportunity to learn, be creative, and work with highly technically individuals
Length of Contract: 4 Months
Work Location: 800, Gauchetiere O, Bureau 4000-Place Bonaventure - Montreal(182), Montreal, QC
Travel Requirements: None
Posting Category/Function: Student/New Grad & Co-op
Requisition ID: 268586
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work: Our people are at the heart of our success Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do We do what's right, each and every day We believe in the power of new ideas We work as one team, with one vision We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ .
Posting Notes: Student and New Grad
Montreal, QC, CA Being a Rogers team member comes with some great perks & benefits including:
• Health & well-being benefits
• Donation matching
• Paid time off for volunteering
• Wealth Accumulation including: Pension plan & Employee stock options
• Generous employee discounts
• Leadership development, Mentorship, and Coaching programs
*available for full-time and part-time permanent employees, some restrictions apply Looking for career guidance and inspiration?
Catch up on the latest episodes of For the Love of Work
podcast with Dr. Sonia Kang.Job Segment:
ERP, QC, Network, Telecom, Technology, Entry Level, Quality
Software and Programming Information Technology