In Canada, our Financial Accounting Advisory Services (FAAS) team consists of highly experienced professionals in seven locations across the country. This team of dedicated professionals combine financial accounting skills in IFRS, Canadian and US GAAP, practical experience in financial reporting process with deep sector and regulatory disclosure knowledge.
Your key responsibilities
As a FAAS senior , you will help finance leaders meet challenges that their teams are currently facing. You will work with them to achieve their potential acquisition, divestiture, process optimization, process digitization and accounting standard implementation. You will offer them innovative advice for optimizing processes, using cutting-edge technologies and creating value for their organizations.
Skills and attributes for success
• Plan, manage and participate in various engagements:
• Profile 1 - Technical : Application of accounting standards research, financial and governance process review, accounting framework transition, comparison of accounting practices in different companies, development and provision of tailored training, improvement of quality of financial reporting and other • Profile 2 - Transformation : Identification and assessment of business needs, development of solutions tailored to client needs, assessment of the Finance function, performance of operations diagnostics, optimization of financial processes, provision of tailored training, and other • Prepare deliverables tailored to client needs • Promote an innovative and team-oriented work environment • Develop and maintain productive relationships with client management • Understand the client's industry and recognize key performance drivers, business trends, and new technical and industry developments • Stay informed of new economic developments and their impact on clients • Attend training programs to continually develop skills • Utilize technology to develop yourself, share knowledge with team members and enhance service delivery • Maintain cooperative relationships and foster mutual support with other EY service line teams • Strong spoken and written English and French language skills • Strong interpersonal and communication skills to maintain impeccable relationships with clients • Deep knowledge of business trends, emerging technical and industry developments • Excellent project management and leadership skills • Ability to manage multiple engagements and meet deadlines
To qualify for the role you must have
Profile 1 - Technical
• A degree in accounting and a minimum of 3 to 5 years of relevant experience • CPA designation is an asset • Audit or business experience in financial statements close or the application of accounting standards • Highly adaptable and open to change • Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, dynamic team-oriented environment • Integrity within a professional environment
Profile 2 - Transformation
• Undergraduate degree in project management, business administration, operations management or industrial engineering and a minimum of 3 to 5 years of relevant experience • Experience in process optimization or business analysis, including business process documentation • Experience in process digitalization projects (dashboard, robotization, etc.) • Experience in using the following tools and software: Ideally, you'll also have
• Modelling and process management tools • Process flowchart software (Visio, LucidChart, etc.) • Microsoft Office suite • Highly adaptable and open to change • Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, dynamic team-oriented environment • Integrity within a professional environment
• Flexibility and availability to travel across Canada What we look for
We're interested in strong team players who support their colleagues in reaching their goals while also considering their own workload and development. If you have the confidence to speak up and influence a team that affects big businesses worldwide, this role is for you. What working at EY offers
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture - built on high-performance teaming - where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It's one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
• Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry • Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career • The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you About EY
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. Recognized as one of Canada's top employers, EY continually strives to be a great place to work and with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible. Make your mark. Apply today
EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
Accounting Banking, Finance and Insurance