Administrative staff are an essential part of KPMG's strategy. We have over 90 highly qualified administrative professionals in Montreal who provide valuable support to our Tax, Audit and Advisory client service staff.
They are key to our daily activities and their role consists in ensuring excellent client service by producing timely, superior quality deliverables so that their teams may focus entirely on their clients What you will do
The successful candidate will provide full and confidential executive support in the following areas:
- Calendar/Meeting Management - Plan, coordinate and organize meetings (conference calls, video conferences, in person etc.) both within and outside KPMG. Maximize the productivity of the Leader and assist in prioritization through efficient and effective scheduling of time.
- Travel Management - Plan and coordinate national and international travel for the Leader.
- Communication - Independently respond to enquiries and escalate complex client enquiries based on knowledge of practice/structure and work process. Ensure all client calls and emails are responded to. Draft, review and distribute various communications. Compile, transcribe, and distribute minutes of meetings when required.
- Manage Client and Team Contacts - Ensure the accuracy and completeness of client data by following national risk management and branding guidelines. Coordinate, prepare, edit and/or proofread documents such as correspondence, proposals, presentations, and reports using various software.
- Administrative support to the Partner and his team when needed
- Coordinate various projects, initiatives and activities in support of the Leader and his team
- Other administrative tasks as assigned
This role is in our downtown Montreal office. Due to the executive support nature of the role, the candidate must have flexibility to work outside of normal working hours when required. What you bring to the role
The successful candidate will possess the following skills and behaviors:
The benefits of working for KPMG
- College diploma or an equivalent combination of education/experience in administrative assistant skill set.
- Minimum five (5) to eight (8) years administration experience, several supporting a senior executive.
- Bilingualism is required - French and English and proofreading skills in both of them.
- High degree of initiative and judgment when responding to queries from staff, clients etc.
- Able to manage all requests and situations diplomatically and professionally
- Ability to discreetly deal with confidential and sensitive matters.
- Maximizes the value of partner time by proactively identifying and taking accountability for all administrative matters.
- Flexibility to work outside of normal working hours.
- Proven time management and organizational skills.
- Strong business acumen and experience working within a partnership/professional services environment
- Ability to prioritize and multi task.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Advanced skills with MS Office Word, Outlook, Excel, and superior PowerPoint skills and ability to learn/master proprietary software and processes
Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
- A competitive salary and group insurance plans
- Three weeks of vacation allowance
- A pension plan
- Personal time to help achieve a work-life balance
- A challenging work environment focused on sharing, professional development and learning
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce. KPMG encourages applications from all qualified individuals and will accommodate applicants' disability-related needs, up to the point of undue hardship, throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Any assessment and selection materials or processes used during the recruitment process will be available in an accessible format to applicants with disabilities, upon request. If you require a disability-related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process
, please contact KPMG's Employee Relations Service team for support at email: firstname.lastname@example.org
or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778 Option 3. KPMG will consult with all applicants with disabilities who request accommodation during the recruitment process to ensure that the accommodation provided takes into account the applicant's individual accessibility needs.
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at email@example.com
Administrative Health Care