Electronic technicianTake your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
ABB's Measurement & Analytics division is among the world's leading manufacturers and suppliers of smart instrumentation and analyzers. With thousands of experts around the world and high-performance digital technology, ABB's team is dedicated to making measurement easy for its industrial and energy customers to let them operate more efficiently and profitably.The ABB Measurement & Analytics plant in Quebec City is a world leader in the field of spectroscopy. Our contract engineering department is the largest Canadian supplier of optical spaceborne sensors used, among others, for greenhouse gas emissions monitoring and global weather forecasting. Our facility is also recognized for its expertise in the development and manufacturing of various products that meet many industrial analyses needs on a daily basis.By joining one of the largest engineering departments in Quebec City, you will actively contribute to the activities of a dynamic and stimulating multidisciplinary team. As part of your duties, you will be attached to the supervisor of the electronics group, you will work as an electronics technician within the electrical engineering team (Electronics Group).Your responsibilities
- Make electronic circuit diagrams.
- Layout printed circuit boards (PCB).
- Make wiring plans.
- Research and select replacement electronic parts to manage obsolescence or shortage of electronic parts.
- Assemble, start up and test electronic boards according to the documentation.
- Participate in the maintenance of design documentation and test documentation.
- Perform troubleshooting and failure analysis of electronic boards.
- Participate in the evaluation and planning of tasks.
- Diploma of College Studies (DEC) Technical in electronics (Telecommunications / Industrial) or programmable electronics and robotics (TSO).
- Good ability to understand electronic circuits.
- Skill in soldering, prototyping, and troubleshooting of electronic boards.
- Knowledge of Altium Designer and Visio software (an asset).
- Knowledge of Python or C programming (an asset).
- Good knowledge of French and English, both spoken and written.
More about us
- Retirement plan
- Medical insurance
- Wellbeing program
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our websitewww.abb.com.For the 4th year in a row, ABB Canada has been recognized as one of Canada's top employers by Forbes Magazine and has been ranked #1 within the industry category. Also named as Canada's Top 100 Employers, Montreal's Top Employers, Canada's Top Employers for Young People, and Best Candidate Experience Award (CandE Award), ABB's culture and commitment are to provide a caring workplace where everyone collaborates, feels valued, respected, included and supported. Also committed to ensuring that all policies and practices respect the Employment Equity Program, we aim for our workforce to be truly representative of the four designated groups; women, aboriginal people, members of visible minorities, and/or persons with disabilities. ABB will provide reasonable accommodation to the applicant with disabilities and encourage applicants to self-identify in the application process.#LI-Hybrid