Performs various electrician tasks and activities in accordance with the Canadian Electrical Code. In addition, may have to perform tasks of the trade apprentice and master electrician. Participates in or undertakes the resolution of various problems. Guides, advises and trains the less experienced employees. Primary Activities
Candidate' s Profile
- Assess and perform repairs, changes and minor installations on fire-protection and security systems, the tele-call system, engines (heating and air conditioning system), generators, electrical distribution for equipment and machines-tools and electrical devices in conformance with the Canadian Electrical Code.
- Guide and support the work of electrician apprentices and subcontractors.
- Perform minor high voltage repairs, inspections and repairs.
- Issue a detailed report and recommendations on the state of the current electrical network.
- Adjust or change programming of the programmable control unit related to maintenance.
- Proceed with the installation of various types of grounding in the laboratories and other sectors.
- Produce and update the local electrical plans following the modifications or alterations carried out.
- Keep an inventory of the electrical equipment used to perform daily tasks.
- Offer a service to internal clients.
- Any other related task.
- Reading electrical plans.
- Capacity to recover and enter computer data using a computer system.
- Knowledge and use of preventive maintenance software.
- Use of production databases.
- Manual dexterity.
- Autonomy in his work.
- Proactive in his field of expertise.
- The incumbent shows some initiative in regards to technical questions.
- Diploma of vocational studies in electricity or equivalent.
- &ldquo C&rdquo electrician license (8000 hours as apprentice electrician).
Level of language knowledge
- Three years of relevant experience as an industrial maintenance electrician.
Primary ActivitiesCandidate Profile
- Good knowledge of French. Basic knowledge of English (asset)