Document Specialist / Spécialiste des Documents
Reference ID: QUB0003B
As a Document Specialist, you'll join our Core Business Services (CBS) team and you will help support the important business enablement functions that keep our organization running strong. As a CBS professional, you will work across teams to provide the knowledge, resources and tools that help EY deliver exceptional quality service to our clients, win in the marketplace and support EY's growth and profitability.
Your key responsibilities
The Document Specialist creates and edits documents including, financially related and creative documents, creates template-driven customer deliverables with speed and accuracy, and prepares files for digital output and duplication. The position uses advance knowledge of firm standard applications (software). The incumbent understands and anticipates customer's needs to meet or exceed expectations, is responsible for all phases of project management including customer service, proper documentation, and communications, serves as a Creative Services Group (CSG) project manager and works effectively in a team environment. Depending upon workload, this position typically will require overtime.
Skills and attributes for success
• Effectively produces projects with speed and accuracy to meet deadlines.
• Types, formats, checks mathematical accuracy, and spell checks all types of documents and templates.
• Effectively utilizes styles, master pages, templates, tracking, kerning, and leading.
• Reconciles revisions, checks punctuation, spelling, and formatting.
• Imports graphical and data images into documents.
• Performs mail merge function.
• Performs CSG standard electronic file management and archiving.
• Prepares files for print, linking graphics and including fonts.
• Proficient and remains up-to-date with software tools and equipment required of the position, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Acrobat, Lotus Notes, Outlook, Link, etc.
• Troubleshoots technical issues in text, graphic files, and printing.
• Serves as CSG project manager on appropriate work requests.
• Effectively and positively communicates and negotiates project deadlines, determines project scope, and schedule changes as necessary.
• Provides expertise to team members and customers regarding the use of master pages, style sheets, and firm-standard formatting in word processing functions.
• Effectively participates as a team player in planning, scheduling, and production.
• Assists with training new Document Specialist on policies, procedures, and functions.
• Interfaces with CSG staff for best use of resources/abilities.
• Knows, applies, and coaches others in firm-standard formatting and E&Y signature.
• Pursues and shares best practices within department and among ESS/CSG staff.
• May cross-train in additional CSG disciplines to provide flexibility during peak times.
• Create timelines and cost estimates for client approval.
• Create templates.
To qualify for the role you must have
• High school diploma
• 2 years direct work experience
• Bilingual (French/English) is a must
Ideally, you'll also have
• The ability to work independently in a fast-paced, dynamic team-oriented environment
What we look for
We are looking for candidates who are highly motivated, analytical, logical thinkers and have a very strong attention to detail. Being a strong team player is critical with the ability to adapt to changing requirements or deadlines in support of our clients goals.
What working at EY offers
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture - built on high-performance teaming - where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It's one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
• Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
• Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
• The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. Recognized as one of Canada's top employers, EY continually strives to be a great place to work and with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark. Apply today.
EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
Posted: April 17, 2019
Closes: June 16, 2019