Requisition ID: 101447
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off. Purpose of Job
Responsible for providing administrative support to the Dealer Finance Centre's Commercial Credit portfolio through secondary checks of loans granted and supporting documentation and through efficient maintenance of commercial account records to ensure the Bank's standards are met. The incumbent provides a high standard of support to Account and Centre Management while maintaining confidentiality of customer and Bank information. Major Accountabilities
- Provide administrative support to the commercial loan portfolio in relation to authorized terms and conditions by:
- Maintaining a record of all credit authorizations and ensuring accounting system input confirms to authorization;
- Ensuring all loan advances are authorized and within limit or otherwise advised to management;
- Ensuring appropriate records are established for monitoring account conditions, as required.
- Provide administrative support to the commercial loan portfolio in relation to required documentation by:
- Verifying that documentation as stipulated in the credit authorization is on file and in good form with omissions/defects recorded, advised and followed through to correction;
- Verifying that all non-negotiable security documentation is current, accurate and entered into the appropriate files and followed up with customers for appropriate renewals etc. (eg. Fire insurance);
- Verifying that operating account documentation (borrowers and non-borrowers) is on file and in good form with omissions/defects recorded, advised and followed through to correction;
- Verifying that promissory notes are on file, as required, and executed properly with omissions/defects recorded, advised and followed through to correction;
- Registering documentation, as required;
- Establishing and following B/F systems to maintain currency of documentation held;
- Ensuring that all documentation received is properly recorded, reviewed and approved and filed in accordance with Bank security regulations.
- Prepare customer reports and loan returns as assigned.
- Provide assistance with annual account analysis process.
- Provide a high standard of customer service by:
- Providing knowledgeable and courteous service to customers;
- Checking and authorizing transactions within approved limits to ensure a very high degree of processing accuracy.
- Be responsive to the needs of DFC Management and innovative in suggesting revised workflows to increase efficiency and support level.
- Other Accountabilities
- Ensuring Compliance to AML (Anti-Money Laundering) and KYC (Know Your Customer) policy;
- Ensuring adherence to Information, Security and Policy Privacy Requirements;
Occupational Health & Safety Officer, as assigned. Complexity of Position
The incumbent must acquire and maintain a thorough knowledge of Centre and Bank operating procedures including, but not limited to:
- credit authorization and associated paper flows;
- routine discount operation;
- collateral and operating documentation;
- recording, registration and administration of documentation;
- promissory note procedures;
- credit related returns and reports.
He/she requires effective communication skills to deal with staff and, on occasion, commercial clients. The incumbent must be flexible to a consistently changing environment (procedural and automated system changes).
The incumbent must be well organized with a systematic approach to set priorities/commitments and to accomplish a wide variety of goals. A high degree of tact, initiative and business acumen is required in solving problems.
Location(s): Canada : Quebec : Anjou
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank's six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Financial, Bank, Banking, Developer, Part Time, Finance, Technology
Banking, Finance and Insurance