Tell us your story. Don't go unnoticed. Explain why you're a winning candidate. Think "TD" if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here's our story: jobs.td.com Department Overview
TD Commercial Banking operates under the Business Banking umbrella with approximately 1200 employees in 50 Commercial Centres and over 70 points of presence across Canada. Within the Commercial Centres our relationship management teams provide customized comprehensive solutions for business clients.
District Vice President Profile: District Vice Presidents (DVP) at TD Bank Financial Group are strategic, responsible and accountable members of the Bank's leadership team. Collectively, these roles contribute significantly to the overall reputation of TD as an excellent investment, a highly customer focused organization, a top employer and an exemplary corporate citizen. Executives set the ethical, organizational and performance standard for the teams they lead and exemplify how an effective performance and development culture functions day to day. A DVP is expected to guide his/her team, collaborating as appropriate with TD partners, to deliver superior results in both the short and long term.
In doing so, he/she is expected to role model TD's leadership profile by making an impact, building for the future, inspiring the will to win, working effectively in teams, living transparency, showing excellent judgment and demonstrating unwavering integrity. DVP roles therefore require:
- People leadership - knowing how to lead high performing teams, communicating well, and taking the time to coach and develop others;
- Organizational awareness - knowing how to engage the organization to get things done, deal with complex change, and enhance TD's brand;
- Business acumen - understanding his/her business from the ground up and the key levers that will deliver superior results;
- Strategic insight - having a compelling vision and engaging others in achieving it, providing thought leadership, and constantly striving to find new ways to do things better.
Reporting to the SVP Commercial Banking, Quebec and Atlantic Regions, the District Vice President, Commercial Banking for Montreal East Commercial Banking Centre, has responsibility for all aspects of the Commercial Banking Centre's performance including managing the Unit team. The general accountabilities of this role include but are not limited to the following:
- Build, develop and execute a business plan aligned with Commercial Banking strategy to achieve the Quest.
- Lead and coach the team in the successful execution of the Commercial Sales Methodology.
- Lead continued growth of new business with both new and existing customers to maximize profitability of relationships and drive continued growth of new business.
- Develop and maintain productive relationships with our internal business partners including the Retail Bank, TD Securities, Wealth Management and Risk Management (as well as other business partners) to maximize referral business and enhance TDBFG brand.
- Manage and balance the Unit's resources to maximize productivity/control expenses.
- Coordinate general sales activities in the Unit.
- Establish and oversee procedures to ensure appropriate monitoring and control procedures are administered within approved guidelines. Ensure processes are established, understood, and followed to minimize operational risk.
- Lead the Unit's CEI improvement strategies and activities.
- Leverage deep subject matter expertise to develop and deploy a vision and align others to that vision. Be known for providing creative thought leadership while also listening and engaging others to provide input in the shaping of that vision.
- Maintain a culture of risk management and control, supported by effective processes and sound infrastructure to achieve a strategic balance of risk and return.
- Build for the future by attracting, motivating and retaining a highly qualified and diverse human resource base to achieve business objectives.
- Actively promote the image of both TDBFG and Commercial Banking within the community by encouraging a positive profile through participation and leadership in community business groups, initiatives, fundraisers, etc.
- Strong people manager with demonstrated experience in leading high performing teams.
- History of making an impact, developing and executing on strategies and delivering superior results in both the short and long term.
- Demonstrated relationship building skills, with a superior ability to make things happen through the use of positive influence.
- Strong financial management skills and fluency with all the financial aspects of managing a large book of business.
- Expertise in Commercial Credit, Risk Management and developing relationships in a market.
- Powerful communicator who engages colleagues, business partners, external stakeholders, and employees.
- Robust organizational skills with the ability to work in a fast paced environment and manage multiple deadlines and priorities.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Fluently bilingual in English and French
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in Business would be an asset
- Prior experience in Commercial Banking and Commercial Credit Risk Management is required.
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Banking, Finance and Insurance