Develop and design communication satellite digital payload architectures per customers&rsquo end needs. Perform payload system budgets, flow down requirements and specify RF and digital transponder equipment. Establish contractual compliance through on-ground and in-orbit spacecraft testing.
Work includes proposal and program efforts, front end design, detailed analyses and development, digital channelizer and on board processing design specification, evaluation of Payload throughput and link budgets for multi-beam systems, integration and testing of the end product. Primary Activities:
The Intermediate/Senior Communication Systems Engineer is responsible for design, analysis, implementation, optimization and enhancement of end-to-end communication digital payload systems and/or subsystem elements related to the system architecture.
- Support/lead technical projects and end-to-end communications systems engineering activities using digital transponder.
- Support the design of satellite communication Payloads from conventional RF bent pipe payloads to digital on board processing payloads.
- Support to the system requirements definition and subsystem specifications for RF and digital equipment.
- Ability to negotiate technical contract with customer suppliers.
- Perform requirement analysis and system trade studies.
- Support design reviews.
Demonstrate teamwork, interpersonal skills and ability to work independently. Excellent oral and written communications skills. Candidate Profile:
This position requires a minimum of 3 years of experience in digital equipment and signal processing, the knowledge of RF and system payload will be considered favorably. Primary ActivitiesCandidate Profile
Posted: August 17, 2018
Closes: September 15, 2018