The Depot Technician is responsible to perform warranty and non-warranty repairs. They are responsible for establishing and maintaining service excellence by assigning the highest priority to customer satisfaction and demonstrating quality in every aspect of work. Supports company initiatives and sales programs, and maintains awareness of vendor and product information. Primary Responsibilities: TECHNICAL DUTIES (90%)
• Up-holds the highest of professional standards when performing warranty and non-warranty work, by ensuring that upgrades/repairs are 100% correct and tested. This may include non-computing repairs. • Maintains a high standard of productivity by completing priority planned work quickly and accurately. • Ensures customer files are updated and complete in RUSCOMP. • Communicates with Part Specialists and/or Claims Agents as required. • Proactively seeks out vendor information related to service advisories, new models and repair trends. • Capitalizes on financial opportunities by promoting incremental sales through RUSCOMP communication. • Assists in the shipping and receiving of customer units and vendor parts using established procedures as needed. • Establishes and maintains service excellence by assigning the highest priority to customer satisfaction. • Facilitates training with store Resident Technicians as needed. • Attends weekly meetings and participates in Technician Calls. • Participates in special projects as needed. • Ensures a strict level of confidentiality with regards to customer's files and service contracts. All work performed must be detailed and well documented. • Understands and adheres to all privacy and information management policies and procedures. • Properly secures company and customer assets and physical inventory and follows all loss prevention and key control procedures. • Has a complete understanding of all company policies and procedures related to this position, as outlined in the training checklist. • Checks and understands all sources of communication for information (white boards, bulletin boards, portal, etc). • Identifies and communicates suggestions for improvements in all areas of the business. • Ensures the general cleanliness of workstations, lunchroom and washrooms according to company standards is maintained. • Maintains a safe working environment and follows all company protocols for safety and is required to report any unsafe working conditions to National Manager, Warranty Depots. • As per policy, required to have personal parcels (bags, totes, backpacks, purses, etc.) checked prior to leaving the premises. Basic:
• Communicates with customers (internal and external) regularly to discuss service events, provide updates and support. • Ability Accountable to ensure the prevention and resolution of customer issues and store escalations. • Promotes, suggests and sells quality Tech services and peripheral upgrades through regular customer contact and supporting a base of stores. • Ensures that all commitments are met on a timely basis. This may include various shifts including nights and weekends. Preferred: Experience:
• 1-2 years as a computer technician or equivalent is preferred. Education:
• Successful completion of high school or greater. • A Certification is required. Additional Information:
• Strong working knowledge of computers. • Verifiable and demonstrated skill in performing services/upgrades to all types of computers. • Capacity to communicate with customers effectively using a variety of mediums. • Ability to resolve customer concerns in a diplomatic manner. • Ability to make decisions with integrity that supports company guidelines and makes good business sense. • Ability to plan, organize and prioritize efficiently and effectively to handle their daily responsibilities and serve our customers. • Ability to work effectively with ongoing distractions is necessary. • Can engage appropriately and work as part of a team. • Capacity to work independently and seek out assistance as required.
Staples is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion and we encourage applications from all qualified candidates, including those with disabilities. We will accommodate applicants' needs, upon request, throughout all stages of the recruitment process. Please inform us of the accommodation(s) that you may require. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
Customer Service and Support Retail