Reference ID: MON001MN
We are looking for a Data Engineer. Our IT Advisory Analytics practice works collaboratively with our clients to enhance their ability to use and interpret data, and develop their own enhanced information management capabilities to support better decision making, along with regulatory compliance within their business. Our clients need the vision to articulate the big picture and the precision to see the smallest of details.
Our IT Advisory Analytics practice provides expertise and delivery in four core areas of competency
• Data Management and Integration providing the foundational layers for enterprise data accessibility, covering data sourcing and integration, data warehouse and modelling, master data management and data rationalisation and migration. Design and implementation ETL solutions using one of the leading ETL packages (e.g., Informatica, Ab Initio, DataStage).
• Data Quality and Governance developing an organisation that treats data as a critical enterprise asset and sources quality data for business use and regulatory compliance. This includes examining the fitness for purpose of data for specific business needs, data remediation, and the strategy, roles, policies and processes to effectively manage data through its lifecycle;
• Reporting design, architecture and implementation of enterprise reporting solutions. This includes the end-to-end reporting lifecycle across advisory and strategy, identifying compliance reporting trouble spots and delivering achievable roadmaps, to vendor selection, design and implementation. Demonstrated experience and knowledge of at least one of the leading Business Intelligence Packages (e.g., Cognos, Business Objects, MicroStrategy, Tableau, SPSS, SAS); and
• Analytics covers operational analytics, predictive analytics, industry models and analytics enablement, and provides actionable enterprise insight and delivers value from an enterprises data. The area of Analytics and Data Science is expected to be a key driver for growth in the coming year.
Your key responsibilities
As a Data Engineer, you will:
• Lead event stream analytics initiative and create the foundation for event data collection at EY Canada.
• Design and build highly scalable and responsive platform to collect the data across all the brands and all devices (mobile apps, desktop …)
• Work with teams across EY to drive the new platform adoption
• Willingness and ability to travel approximately 50-80%.
Skills and attributes for success
• Strong analytical and creative thinking skills, must be a team player
To qualify for the role you must have
• CS Degree or equivalent experience
• 3-4 years of experience building and shipping highly scalable clickstream data pipelines and analytics systems on distributed data systems and cloud platforms (AWS/Azure/GCP)
• Experience with Java, Scala, Python etc.
• Solid experience in streaming technologies like Kafka or Spark Streaming.
• Experience building batch, real-time and streaming analytics pipelines with data from event data streams, NoSQL and APIs.
• Experience with batch & stream processing technologies such Spark, KStreams, Samza etc.
Ideally, you'll also have
• A high level of motivation, strong work ethic and self-starting attitude.
What we look for
We're interested in passionate leaders with a strong vision and a desire to stay on top of trends in the IT Advisory space. If you have a strong passion for helping businesses achieve their IT strategy, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture - built on high-performance teaming - where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It's one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
• Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
• Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
• The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. Recognized as one of Canada's top employers, EY continually strives to be a great place to work and with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark. Apply today.
EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
Posted: May 11, 2019
Closes: July 10, 2019