Data Analytics Consultant - Financial Accounting Advisory Services - Systems, Processes & Analytics (FAAS – SPA)
Reference ID: MON001QO
From small businesses to some of the world's best-known brands, our clients count on reliable financial statements, information and processes to inform their ongoing strategies. More than ever, business is about interpreting and reacting to complex data - and they look to us for advice and services they can trust every time. You'll use your professional skills and experience to make it happen, handling complex audit procedures across a broad range of industries and responsibilities.
You'll be part of EY's Financial Accounting Advisory Services - Systems, Processes & Analytics (FAAS - SPA) group which specializes in advising Finance leaders on relevant and emerging issues and trends within the Finance function. Central to the effectiveness of the Finance function is its ability to partner with internal and external stakeholders to drive critical business insights and support strategic decision making and growth. We understand the evolving role of the CFO and Finance function and work with our clients to automate and streamline Efficiency, Control and Compliance functions, while simultaneously improving the value Finance provides to the organization. We assist our clients with business and internal finance performance improvement initiatives by providing business advisory services that result in the achievement of measurable benefits in financial and operational effectiveness, controls and strategic decision making.
Your key responsibilities
As a Data Analytics Consultant you will be supporting the FAAS- SPA:
• Build and analyze complex data using a variety of data analytics tools and technologies, assist in modeling, visualization and communication of key financial and operational metrics, and provide clients with smart solutions to enable reliable reporting, drive insights into the business, and support proactive decision-making.
• Provide innovative insights for clients, adapt methods and practices to fit operational team and cultural needs and contribute to thought leadership.
• Participate in business development initiatives, including service offering and proposal development
• Help to develop long-term client relationships and networks, as well as develop relationships with team members across all EY practices to service client needs.
• Stay informed of analytical solutions and standards that affect business processes and apply analytical approaches under the supervision of higher level staff.
• A willingness to travel on short notice to meet client need
Skills and attributes for success
• Performance measurement and performance management
• Project and change management
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with an ability to think critically and identify creative solutions outside of the box and thrive on new challenges
• Excellent communication skills including verbal, written, and presentation
To qualify for the role you must have
• Strong academic record including a bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a graduate degree cumulated with approximately 3 years of related work experience
• Effective writing and presentation skills in both English and French.
• Knowledge and working experience on business processes including record to report, plan-to-perform, order-to-cash, and procure-to-pay
• Knowledge of data analysis and knowledge analytical skills in related software, including data extraction and transformation, Alteryx, MS SQL Server, Oracle, MS Excel/Access
• Knowledge of analytics tools including BI/data visualization, MS Power BI, Tableau, QlikView, Spotfire, MS Reporting Services
• Exposure to database management software, stats and machine learning software, big data platforms (e.g. Hadoop, Hana) and development language such as Python, R, T-SQL
Ideally, you'll also have
• Knowledge of artificial intelligence development and emerging blockchain technologies and business applications will be an asset
• Professional designation and/or qualification i.e. MBA, CA, CPA and/or relevant Developer Certifications are an asset
What we look for
We're interested in strong team players who support their colleagues in reaching their goals while also considering their own workload and development. If you're ready to take on some of our clients' most complex issues, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture - built on high-performance teaming - where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It's one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
• Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
• Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
• The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. Recognized as one of Canada's top employers, EY continually strives to be a great place to work and with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark. Apply today.
EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
Posted: February 13, 2019
Closes: April 14, 2019