Cybersecurity – Senior (Montreal)
Reference ID: MON001SF
With rapidly changing cybersecurity threats, clients from all industries look to us for trusted solutions for their increasingly complex risks. You will have access to our robust solutions to advise clients on managing cybersecurity risk, enhancing maturity, and improving efficiency. You will belong to an international connected team of specialists helping our clients with their most complex cybersecurity needs and contributing toward their business resilience.
We are actively seeking a Senior Consultant to join our Cybersecurity team. You'll work alongside respected industry professionals, learning about and applying leading practices to better manage cybersecurity people, process and technology capabilities. You'll gain insights into the design and operations of cybersecurity programs and strategies in a variety of industries and learn how to design measurable, sustainable programs to keep up with the ever-changing cybersecurity landscape. We are actively seeking a Senior Consultant to join our Cybersecurity team.
This position falls within our Advisory team, which helps our clients enhance the effectiveness of operations functions by assisting them as they shift their emphasis from transaction-level control, processing and reporting to more value driven, decision support and analytics.
Your key responsibilities
As a Senior Consultant, you'll contribute technically to cybersecurity and IT risk client engagements and internal projects. An important part of your role will be to actively establish internal and external relationships. You'll also identify potential business opportunities for EY within existing engagements, and escalate these as appropriate. Similarly, you'll anticipate and identify risks within engagements and raise any issues with senior members of the team. In line with EY's commitment to quality, you'll confirm that work is of high quality and is reviewed by the next-level reviewer. This role requires willingness and ability to travel approximately 50-70%.
Skills and attributes for success
• Participate in cybersecurity and IT Risk engagements
• Work effectively as a team member, sharing responsibility, providing support, maintaining communication, and updating senior team members on progress
• Participate and assist in preparing for meetings with target management teams
• Help prepare reports and schedules that will be delivered to clients and other parties
• Develop and maintain productive working relationships with client personnel
• Build strong internal relationships within EY Advisory Services and with other services across the organization
• Contribute to people-related initiatives, including recruiting and retaining staff
• Maintain an educational program to continually develop personal skills of staff
• Understand and follow workplace policies and procedures
To qualify for the role you must have
• Masters/PhD in Computer Science, related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
• Experience in Natural Language Understanding, Computer Vision, Machine Learning, Algorithmic Foundations of Optimization, Data Mining or Machine Intelligence (Artificial Intelligence)
• Programming experience in one or more of the following: C, C++, Python
• Contribution to research communities and/or efforts, including publishing papers at conferences such as NIPS, ICML, ACL, CVPR, etc.
Ideally, you'll also have
• Relevant work experience, including full time industry experience or as a researcher in a lab
• Strong publication record
• Ability to design and execute on research agenda.
What we look for
We're interested in intellectually curious people with a genuine passion for cybersecurity. If you have the confidence in both your presentation and technical abilities to grow into a leading expert here, this is the role for you.
What working at EY offers
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture - built on high-performance teaming - where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It's one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
• Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
• Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
• The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. Recognized as one of Canada's top employers, EY continually strives to be a great place to work and with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark. Apply today.
EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
Posted: May 15, 2019
Closes: July 14, 2019