EY's people in more than 150 countries are committed to operating with integrity, quality and professionalism in the provision of audit, tax, transaction and advisory services. We strive to help all of our people achieve their professional and personal goals through an inclusive environment that values everyone's contributions, appreciates diversity of thought, fosters growth, and provides continuous opportunities for development. Recognized as one of Canada's top employers, EY continually strives to be a great place to work.
We are actively seeking a Senior Consultant to join our Cybersecurity team. As a member, you'll contribute technically to cybersecurity and IT risk client engagements and internal projects. An important part of your role will be to actively establish internal and external relationships. You'll also identify potential business opportunities for EY within existing engagements, and escalate these as appropriate. Similarly, you'll anticipate and identify risks within engagements and raise any issues with senior members of the team. In line with EY's commitment to quality, you'll confirm that work is of high quality and is reviewed by the next-level reviewer.
This position falls within our Advisory team, which helps our clients enhance the effectiveness of operations functions by assisting them as they shift their emphasis from transaction-level control, processing and reporting to more value driven, decision support and analytics. Responsibilities: Client Responsibilities
• Participate in cybersecurity and IT Risk engagements People Responsibilities
• Work effectively as a team member, sharing responsibility, providing support, maintaining communication, and updating senior team members on progress
• Participate and assist in preparing for meetings with target management teams
• Help prepare reports and schedules that will be delivered to clients and other parties
• Develop and maintain productive working relationships with client personnel
• Build strong internal relationships within EY Advisory Services and with other services across the organization
• Contribute to people-related initiatives, including recruiting and retaining staff Qualifications
• Maintain an educational program to continually develop personal skills of staff
• Understand and follow workplace policies and procedures
Desired qualifications include:
• Undergraduate or masters' degree preferably in one of the following areas: Business Management, Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering, and other related majors Willingness and ability to travel approximately 50-70%. EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
• Knowledge and hands-on experience with key components of cybersecurity such as network & infrastructure security, access and identity management, threat detection, incident response, vulnerability management, security governance, risk and compliance, security architecture, data protection and others.
• Solid knowledge of commonly used frameworks and standards used in cybersecurity
• Practical experience with conducting threat and risk assessments
• Excellent analytical skills
• Possession or working toward CISSP certification
• Nice to have experience with or knowledge of cybersecurity in Industrial Control Systems
• Experience working in the Financial industry would be an asset
• Demonstrated leadership abilities
• Excellent interpersonal, written, verbal, communication, and presentation skills