Global Partner Management (GPM) works with Canadian, American and international organizations to enhance their product offering and to build a broad range of possibilities for their end customers. Typical GPM partner organizations include carrier, rebiller, cloud, VoIP, security, and IoT providers, and also include innovative/disruptive technology providers.
The Customer Solutions Architect (CSA) is the technical lead within an account based sales team and works closely with the Account Managers to drive revenue growth. The CSA role requires a mixture of sales, technical, communication, and business skills. As the technical account prime, you are responsible for helping clients grow their business through the use of TELUS services. You will regularly meet with TELUS wholesale clients to analyze business requirements and develop technical solutions to drive new services revenue.
To be successful as a CSA, you must be able to build business relationships with clients, work collaboratively with your account executive, think strategically, learn new non-traditional technologies independently, and lead extended teams to help build complex solutions through to contract signing.
More than simply providing excellent support to clients wishing to purchase services from TELUS, we are looking for someone who will actively seek ways to create opportunities and drive new business either through understanding new technologies, or innovative methods to build relationships and revenue potential with clients. The successful candidate should both be motivated and be a motivator, comfortable in a fast-changing environment, have a natural sense of curiosity with a strong desire to learn, and most importantly, should believe in the client journey.Responsibilities:
• Work as the prime technical sales lead with direct accountability for the account base Qualifications: Required Knowledge
• Build client relationships at the appropriate levels as defined by account strategies
• Regularly initiate interaction with customers with focus to build deeper knowledge and understanding beyond existing services
• Work closely with Account Managers prospecting on a continual basis to identify, qualify, and close new business
• Lead all technical sales activities by designing solutions, or finding and consulting with internal subject matter experts when further expertise is required
• Communicate technical and solutions presentations to both client and internal audiences
• Understand and communicate the functionality and benefits of specific TELUS products, services, and integrated solutions
• Prime responses to RFIs, RFPs, and RFQs creating proposed solutions with application drawings and related technical materials for presentation to prospective clients
• Final decision-maker on best solution option based on client's needs
• Ensure engineering and technical integrity of TELUS solutions
• Continued drive and specific plan to grow technically through self-learning and working with extended teams
• Document activities and solutions to ensure unified understanding of solutions within organization
• Analyze internal needs and create supporting documentation to optimize sales and business processes
• Share knowledge and experience to enhance the technical capabilities of peers and build prospective opportunities
• Regularly scan competitive landscape to enhance internal capabilities, and also to provide ongoing client feedback to Marketing teams
• 5+ years of related work experience in telecommunications, wireless and/or IT industry Required Skills & Abilities
• Strong understanding, and interest in, newer non-traditional services such as IoT, Big Data, SDN/NaaS, Virtualization, Cloud, etc
• Understanding and high level design experience in some, or all, of the following: IP Trunking, SIP, Layer2 and Layer3 WAN, IoT/M2M, VDSL, LAN, Optical, VPN, security concepts, and network design.
• Experience in traditional data and voice networking technologies such as Toll Free and PRI
• Knowledge of Wholesale Telecommunications Industry (considered an asset)
• Ability to pick up technical concepts quickly Required Professional Designation/Certifications
• Strong relationship building skills
• Strong public speaking and presentation ability
• Sales skills training / Target Account Selling strategy is an asset
• Competitive Analysis skills
• Engineering degree in telecommunications Experienced Candidate Qualifications:
• CCNA/CCDA or equivalent networking or vendor certification
• 5+ years of related experience, minimum of 2 years in a pre-sales engineering, consulting, or solutions development role Who is TELUS?
• Experience in all of the above technical qualifications with the expectation of being a subject matter expert in one or more of the listed technologies
• Experience in driving business proposals and leading conversations with customers
• Knowledge of proposal pricing strategies in Service Provider markets
• Ability to architect and translate complex technical information into compelling and understandable business propositions for the client
We're a high-performing team of individuals who collectively make TELUS one of the leading telecommunications companies in Canada. Our competitive consumer offerings include wireline, wireless, internet and Optik TV™. We also deliver a compelling range of products and services for small, medium and large businesses; and have carved out a leadership position in the health, energy, finance and public sector markets with innovative industry specific solutions.
Everyone belongs at TELUS. It doesn't matter who you are, what you do or how you do it, at TELUS, your unique contribution and talents will be valued and respected. Because the more diverse perspectives we have the more likely we are to crack the code on what our customers want and our communities need.
Do you share our passion?
At TELUS, you
create future friendly® possibilities.
At TELUS, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
Operations and Logistics