Tell us your story. Don't go unnoticed. Explain why you're a winning candidate. Think "TD" if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here's our story: jobs.td.com Department Overview
The TD Equipment Finance (TDEF) team is a centre of excellence within TD Specialized Commercial Banking. Our mandate is to structure equipment financing (leases and loans) for business clients and prospects as an alternative to other conventional bank sources of financing such as term loans. Job Description
The TDEF Analyst supports the portfolio of direct leasing customers at TD Equipment Finance and focuses on credit and operational risk management for the portfolio. The focus will be to underwrite commercial transactions of $1.0MM or less. The position reports to a Senior Manager, Commercial Credit. Requirements
- This position is accountable to deliver a superior customer experience, drive profitable business growth.
- The position is responsible for preparing credit reviews and for monitoring and control within the TDEF portfolio, while working closely with some of the most highly skilled individuals in the equipment finance industry.
- With a national focus there will be opportunities to work on direct lending transactions originated from across the country, an opportunity to work on a high level of new deals/requests and become a subject matter expert in equipment finance lending.
- Make recommendations on credit decisions and renew credits in a timely manner, meeting targets for expired credits, even with imperfect information.
- Have a strong ability to interpret and analyze financial statements
- Knowledgeable in accurately applying credit assessment tools and practices such as Moody's, equipment analysis, Equifax, Paynet, etc.
- Actively participate and contribute to the management of TDEF standalone portfolio to ensure accounts are appropriately monitored
- Expand understanding in the equipment finance market and the industries within the portfolio to ensure value added service is provided to clients while mitigating risk to the Bank
- Ensure products and services are sold and operate in a compliant manner minimizing the regulatory compliance and operational risk to the Bank.
Complete all compliance training and attestations within required timelines.
- Prepare credit applications with a high quality of risk assessment, credit structure, due diligence, and credit presentation.
- Deliver exceptional service at every interaction and execute on plans to continuously improve the customer experience.
- Constantly build knowledge of the market, customers and broader economic factors.
- Structure creative competitive solutions to meet customer needs.
- Identify and respond to changes in the business environment.
In addition to your undergraduate degree in business or relevant professional designation, you have a minimum 5 years relevant experience as an Analyst or Account Manager at a commercial bank or previously have experience in the equipment finance industry. Hours
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Banking, Finance and Insurance