Who we are
As the Working and Learning Company, we at Staples Canada, are dynamic, inspiring partners to our customers and the communities in which we live. At Staples, we inspire people to work smarter, learn more and grow every day.
, we partner with customers to help them find the right solutions to be successful, such as services like Design, Print, Tech Support, Digital Marketing, as well as Shipping.We are looking for people who are curious, approachable and passionate, and who enjoy finding solutions.
If that's you, let's work, learn and grow together We are building an inclusive and diverse team
Staples Canada is creating an inclusive and diverse work environment. We welcome, value and thrive on perspectives and contributions from backgrounds that vary by race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, lifestyle, age, educational background, national origin, religion or physical ability. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. Some of what you will do
As the Copy and Print Consultant you are the authority on solutions that meet customers' needs. You will consult and provide recommendations on solutions for your customer partners by utilizing all of the business development service options that will help them achieve their working and learning goals. You will lead the team and coach them on the processes and procedures for solutionshop
. You will find ways to inspire our customers, build loyalty and trust, and add value in meaningful ways, in order to help our customers work, learn, and grow. Specifically, you will:
Some of what you need
•Contributing to sales and margin goals in the services area of the store, leading in print, digital marketing, shipping and tech services. Identify and communicate suggestions for improvement.
•Managing correspondence with customers, overseeing execution of the production and replenish supplies.
•Manage customer projects while following proper production procedures (set-up, quality control, and finishing), and support advance production tasks such as machine calibration, scheduling maintenance of printing and finishing equipment.
•Connect, Share, and Partner with customers to discover sales opportunities. Support the referral of customers through our service paths.
•Coach and develop solutionshop associates.
•Create a best-in-class customer experience especially when managing customer queues.
•Operational excellence and customer experience are important aspects of your role. You will operate cash registers, follow all loss prevention measures and ensure the cleanliness and store standards of your assigned departments.
•Ensure that a clean and safe environment is always top-of-mind, keeping the safety of yourself, fellow associates, and our customers as a key priority.
Some of what you will get
• 3-4 years of retail experience
• 1-2 years in a leadership or supervisory role with direct accountability for achieving sales and service targets is preferred.
• Prior experience in a retail/commercial printing environment is preferred.
• Working towards or successful completion of high school is preferred.
• Proven track record of achieving customer service excellence and sales results
• Technology savvy
• Solutions finder
• Associate discount
• Flex Benefits
• Learning & Development programs
• And more...
• A moderate amount of physical effort and operation of equipment / machinery is required to execute our merchandising standards and to maximize our customer experience.
• There will be exposure to moderately levels of noise generated by the print equipment.
• You will be required to stand in a stationary position for periods of time. This would occur while working on various orders.
• We'll also ask you to work a variety of shifts including evenings and weekends.
Staples is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion and we encourage applications from all qualified candidates, including those with disabilities. We will accommodate applicants' needs, upon request, throughout all stages of the recruitment process. Please inform us of the accommodation(s) that you may require. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
Customer Service and Support Retail