Temporary Contract Primary Location:
Montreal, Quebec, Canada All Available Locations:
Montreal; Quebec City
Partner with clients to solve their most complex problems.
Be empowered to lead and have impact with clients, our communities and in the office.
Be expected to share your ideas and to make them a reality. Do you love finding a good news story? Does having exposure to a variety of issues and industries with the opportunity to work with our top business leaders appeal to you? Do you want to make an impact that matters? Deloitte is looking for a bilingual, national Public Relations Coordinator to join our vibrant, award-winning in-house Agency team.What will your typical day look like?
As a Public Relations Coordinator based in Montreal, you will be an integral member of a high-performing team of communications professionals, working as part of a national in-house agency. You will serve as a key point person on all media inquiries related to regional and national public relations campaigns in both English and French. Your knowledge of media relations tactics and the Canadian business media landscape will help you support the implementation of National marketing and thought leadership campaigns.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Public Relations, you will be responsible for building and maintaining relationships with business and industry media to help promote Deloitte's brand and shared values in the marketplace. Your day may include writing a media pitch, facilitating a media interview opportunity, building a media list, working alongside our agency of record to identify appropriate public relations tactics to support a campaign, and/or monitoring and measuring the impact of Deloitte's public relations campaigns.About the team
Deloitte's national public relations team is small but makes a massive impact! Team members work across business areas, industries, and borders to bring compelling content and business insights to our clients and beyond. The team proactively identifies opportunities for the firm's Canadian leaders to take part in the conversations that matter to our clients, communities and country. The firm's public relations practitioners are responsible for the development and execution of PR campaigns to support national marketing programs, brand initiatives, and thought leadership campaigns - and they are tasked with protecting the integrity of the Deloitte brand and reputation through issues management, stakeholder communications, and collaborative conversations.Enough about us, let's talk about you
You are a bilingual communicator who is self-motivated, energetic, and driven for success and you have:
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in a public or media relations role (previous experience working in a PR agency, professional services firm or matrix organization with a variety of business areas and stakeholders is a bonus)
- Excellent command of both official languages; ability to write and speak fluently in both English and French
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Communications, Public Relations or Journalism, or post-graduate in public relations/corporate communications
- Strong creative and business writing skills with the ability to turn technical jargon into easily consumable soundbites; experience writing media materials (media pitches, key messages, FAQs, press releases, etc.)
- A grasp on current events, business news, public policy and Canadian politics - and perhaps a penchant for consuming traditional news and social media chatter on a regular basis
- The ability to multitask and manage a consistent workload, juggling multiple priorities simultaneously
- Experience with media measurement and monitoring tools, including (but not limited to): Cision, Meltwater, Sprinklr, etc.
- Strong knowledge of the Quebec media landscape and journalists/influencers, and thorough understanding of the Canadian media landscape
- Ability to work collaboratively with external vendors/PR agencies of record
- Ability to develop, share, and adopt innovative approaches to communication and engagement
- Successful performance as part of team in a dynamic and fast-paced environment (a good sense of humor is also a great asset to have - the team likes to laugh a lot)
- Excellent knowledge of media monitoring tools and of social media platforms, results measurement techniques/metrics and best practices
Launch your career with The One Firm where you can make an impact that matters in a way that you never thought possible. With endless opportunities at every turn, and a culture built to support and develop our people to be the very best they can be, Deloitte is The One Firm
for you to learn, grow, create, connect, and lead. We do this by making three commitments to you:
The next step is yours
- You will lead at every level: We grow the world's best leaders so you can achieve the impact you seek, faster.
- You can work your way: We give you the means to be flexible in how you need and want to work, and we have innovative spaces, arrangements and the mindset to help you be wildly successful.
- You will feel included and inspired: We create a deep sense of belonging where you can bring your whole self to work.
Sound like The One Firm. For You?
At Deloitte we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities! Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates that represents the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes candidates from Indigenous communities in support of living our values and our commitments to our Reconciliation Action Plan . We encourage you to connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
if you require an accommodation in the recruitment process, or need this job posting in an alternative format. We'd love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.