Permanent Primary Location:
Montreal, Quebec, Canada All Available Locations:
Montreal; Ottawa; Toronto
Learn from deep subject matter experts through mentoring and on the job coaching
Experience MyFlex and an agile work environment where work is what you do not where you do it
Be part of a firm that leads the way and pushes themselves to look like contemporary Canada.
Do you want to work in a challenging, fast growing, and collaborative team environment? Are you looking for a new opportunity in technology? Look no further! What will your typical day look like?
We are looking for a consultant level professional to work within our Technology Assurance practice with strong problem-solving skills (diagnostic and solution development), a breadth of knowledge with respect to the operational aspects of financial systems, and processes in the finance function. In particular systems specific to Expense and Invoice Management (Concur), Financial Close Optimization (Blackline) and Last Mile Reporting (Workiva).
A career in Technology will offer you the opportunity to work in a challenging, fast growing, and collaborative team environment with like-minded people who are eminent in their respective technical field, develop technological solutions to complex financial problems through debate and discussion, in teams and with clients, continue your professional development to reinforce and expand your chosen career path and work with high profile clients on a variety of unique engagements. About the team
Our Accounting Operations Advisory team focuses on enabling CFO's and their Finance teams for success. We focus on applying our deep knowledge of financial reporting requirements, controls and processes to the operational aspects of Finance - "How" Finance does what it needs to do and where it can enhance the value it brings to the organization. Our core services include CFO / Finance Effectiveness Workshops, Finance Operating Model Assessments, Finance Process Mapping / Redesign, and "Fix Finance" projects (designed to remediate or upgrade finance processes, controls, documentation, systems and tools), and a broad range of Technology Advisory services from assessments, selections, and implementation advisory. The Technology team is a dynamic group who are focused on helping clients improve their financial services through the use of technology. Enough about us, let's talk about you
You are someone who:
- Is working towards completing or finished the CPA, CA designation and possess a minimum 3 years of relevant work experience
- Has demonstrable experience using Blackline, Workiva, major ERP or other Software solutions including NetSuite, Oracle, SAP, Workday, Microsoft Dynamics, Adaptive Insights, IBM Cognos and Oracle Hyperion is considered a strong asset
- Has additional expertise in one or more of the following areas is considered an asset: SDLC, Process Redesign, Business IT Strategy, Corporate Strategy, or Shared Services
- Has strong advisory technical skills are considered an asset (GAAP, control certification, securities and regulatory, assurance), as is knowledge of Public Sector Standards, IFRS, internal controls and risk; an understanding of the financial close and reporting process is critical
- Is experienced with documented process and controls, including IT (mapping, design and assessment), project problem diagnosis, solution development, client communications, facilitation of decision making, documentation, managing client expectations and team leadership
Launch your career with The One Firm where you can make an impact that matters in a way that you never thought possible. With endless opportunities at every turn, and a culture built to support and develop our people to be the very best they can be, Deloitte is The One Firm
for you to learn, grow, create, connect, and lead. We do this by making three commitments to you:
The next step is yours
- You will lead at every level: We grow the world's best leaders so you can achieve the impact you seek, faster.
- You can work your way: We give you the means to be flexible in how you need and want to work, and we have innovative spaces, arrangements and the mindset to help you be wildly successful.
- You will feel included and inspired: We create a deep sense of belonging where you can bring your whole self to work.
Sound like The One Firm. For You?
At Deloitte we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities! We encourage you to connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
if you require an accommodation in the recruitment process, or need this job posting in an alternative format. We'd love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Manufacturing and Production