The KPMG Supply Chain practice provides management advisory services in Procurement, Supply Chain Planning and Physical supply chain (Distribution & Logistics). Our professionals contribute to the reputation of our practice, to its development, and have success on the market by helping clients unlock new potential in their organization. We support our clients to enhance their organization's performance, grow sustainable value, control their operating costs and increase service levels through practical solutions.
We are looking for a highly versatile Supply Chain Management professional to join our Montreal Management Consulting practice, with the ability to work on the procurement side of the supply chain, covering the functional areas of sourcing, category management, contract management, supplier management, procure-to-pay and others.
The candidate will primarily conduct analyses of supply chain functions that may comprise coordinating collection, cleansing and analysis of data, structure and perform cross-sectional analyses, and/or perform functional tasks.
The candidate will support a team of experienced professionals responsible for designing approaches and fundamental analyses required in the course of mandates with our clients. What you will do
- Conducting exhaustive diagnostics and maturity assessments of procurement functions
- Identifying sourcing and procurement leading practices and evaluating client performance gaps.
- Contributing to corporate-wide strategic sourcing opportunity assessment and spend analysis efforts across a wide array of spend categories.
- Developing targeted project plans for cost reduction and benefits realization.
- Act as a key process lead/ integration advisor, either in Source-to-Contract or in Procure-to-Pay, in support of a Procurement software platform Integration/ Implementation project.
- Conducting supplier market research and supplier discovery for client's targeted spend categories.
- Supporting a client in the development and management of a competitive sourcing (RFx) event for a targeted spend category, including in documenting business requirements with client's business representatives and structuring the evaluation of bidder submissions.
- Supporting a client in crafting a negotiation strategy and approach with current or future supplier(s).
- Evaluating supplier base risks and/or developing a supplier risk monitoring and management approach for a client.
- Reviewing, developing, and advising on all matters related to the negotiation of commercial agreements, which can include developing commercial terms, rates, value adds, SLAs and coordinating review with our client's in-house counsel.
At times, business needs arise and employees are required and agree to work beyond their normal work day or work week to fulfill the accountabilities required for their job. Likewise, people need extra time to devote to personal matters, and our approach to flexibility provides for this. What you bring to the role
Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration with a focus in Operations Management, Supply Chain Management or Information Systems, Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or a Bachelor's degree in Engineering
- Master's degree in Science or Engineering in a relevant discipline is considered an asset
- 1 to 2 years of related experience in industry, including internships, is considered as an asset
- Experience as an internal or external business advisor will be considered a strong asset
- Interest in in-depth quantitative analysis
- Skilled in structuring and layering complex business problems, in interpreting and integrating analysis results and in drawing conclusions
- Ability to multitask, function in a flexible manner and manage priorities
- Good sense of autonomy, and capacity to organize oneself being supported by the team
- Knowledge of supply chain application(s) (i.e.: procurement, warehousing, transportation, network optimization and supply chain planning) is considered an asset
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in both official languages (French and English)
- Availability to travel in Canada and abroad
- High level of proficiency with MS Office, including Access, Word, Excel, Outlook, MS Project and Visio
- Knowledge of quantitative methodology tools and operational research tools is considered an asset
- Excellent communication skills in both official languages (French and English).
- Excellent written and presentation skills in both official languages (French and English).
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce. KPMG encourages applications from all qualified individuals and will accommodate applicants' disability-related needs, up to the point of undue hardship, throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Any assessment and selection materials or processes used during the recruitment process will be available in an accessible format to applicants with disabilities, upon request. If you require a disability-related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process
, please contact KPMG's Employee Relations Service team for support at email: firstname.lastname@example.org
or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778 Option 3. KPMG will consult with all applicants with disabilities who request accommodation during the recruitment process to ensure that the accommodation provided takes into account the applicant's individual accessibility needs.
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at email@example.com
Operations and Logistics