You've got big plans. We have opportunities to match, and we're committed to empowering you to become a better you, no matter what you do.
When you join KPMG you'll be one of over 219,000 professionals providing audit, tax, advisory and business enablement services across 147 countries.
With the support to do things differently, grow personally and professionally and bring your whole self to work, there's no limit to the impact you can make. Let's do this. The opportunity:
We are currently seeking a Consultant or Senior Consultant specialized in operational risk management to join our financial risk management team. The candidate will provide consulting services in non-financial risk management including operational risk and will participate in various projects with financial institutions (banks and insurance companies). What you will do
You will work closely with the risk management team on major projects and contribute to business development. The incumbent will:
What you bring to the role
- Participate in several different types of mandates involving non-financial risks (operational risks, business continuity, third party risks etc...).
- Be involved throughout the mandate management process (prospecting, tendering, execution, implementation, monitoring etc.).
- Accompany clients in transformation and operational risk enhancement projects.
- Contribute to business development in the market. Make presentations to potential clients and participate in conferences.
- Contribute to the preparation of service offerings to meet the business needs of clients.
Keys to your success
- 2-5 years of relevant work experience in risk management.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Finance, Management, or a field related to risk management.
- Professional certifications related to risk management an asset.
- Good knowledge of regulatory requirements and best practices in operational risk (Basel Accords, AMF, etc.).
- In-depth knowledge of the implementation of the operational risk management framework (governance, risk identification and assessment, controls, indicators, etc.).
- Knowledge or experience in the implementation of the three lines of defense model.
- Customer oriented to understand the issues and propose value-added solutions.
- Initiative, autonomy and leadership.
- Strong analytical skills, rigor and ability to synthesize.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills in French.
- Knowledge of MS Office software.
- Computer skills, dashboards, data analysis and programming an asset.
Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
- Commitment to continuous learning - develop new skills, take on new responsibilities, and expand knowledge through research.
- Ability to perform well in multiple projects and budgets simultaneously.
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice. For more information about Inclusion, Diversity & Equity in Recruitment, please click here .
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact us at email@example.com
or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778.
Management and Executive