You've got big plans. We have opportunities to match, and we're committed to empowering you to become a better you, no matter what you do.
When you join KPMG, you'll be one of over 200,000 professionals providing audit, tax, advisory and business enablement services across 154 countries.
With the support to do things differently, grow personally and professionally, and bring your whole self to work, there's no limit to the impact you can make. Let's do this. Position summary:
KPMG's Research and Development Group is composed of multidisciplinary teams of engineers, accountants and tax experts. These teams help our clients to obtain scientific research and experimental development (SR&ED) tax credits provided by the federal and provincial governments.
Many companies carry on SR&ED to develop or modify products or procedures, cut costs, improve their performance or create new markets. In order to qualify for SR&ED tax credits, certain eligibility criteria must be met.
KPMG Québec is currently looking for a Senior Consultant or an Engineering Director to join its SR&ED tax group. What you will do
What you bring to the role
- Establish and maintain an overview of specific technology or scientific sectors;
- Prepare SR&ED claims;
- Identify eligible SR&ED activities;
- Determine the starting point for projects, innovations and technological challenges;
- Develop strategies for preparing claims;
- Describe projects in a report prepared in accordance with SR&ED program guidelines;
- Support the team and clients with regard to claims audited by the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA);
- Work on internal projects by developing tools, templates and reports to enhance operational efficiency.
- University degree (engineering or other related scientific disciplines).
• Minimum of 2 years of professional industry experience is an asset.
• Experience and thorough knowledge of CRA SR&ED program is an asset.
• •Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Demonstrated leadership and team-building skills.
• Strong time-management abilities and self-motivation.
• Proven ability to interact with co-workers, management and clients alike in a respectful, patient, and understanding manner.
• Capacity to prioritize tasks for many clients to meet delivery deadlines.
• Ability to be creative in expressing technological and scientific concepts as well as summarizing information.
• Desire to learn new skills by researching and analyzing various forms of technology.
• Excellent client service skills with an aptitude to understand the client's business and maintain strong client relationships. Keys to your success:
Ability and interest to develop new markets and work in a growing business environment.
• Professionalism in performing tasks.
• Motivation, enthusiasm and a positive attitude during busy periods.
• Proven aptitudes to work as part of a team.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both French and English. KPMG offers many benefits:
- Competitive salary.
- Three to Four weeks of vacation per year depending on your position and your experience.
- 50 hours of personal time for personal/family emergencies.
- Pension plan.
- Comprehensive group benefit plan.
- Lifestyle Spending Account.
KPMG is also an engaging and fulfilling working environment providing exposure to clients, professionals and career opportunity in the KPMG network.
KPMG is among the best employers in Canada and was recently recognized as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers in 2019 for a thirteenth consecutive year! The well-being and professional development of our talent are our priority. Come build your future with us!Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice.
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact KPMG's Employee Relations Service team for support at email: firstname.lastname@example.org
or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778 Option 3.
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at email@example.com