Working with the Tax Managers and Partners, you will provide compliance-related Canadian and American tax services. You will have the opportunity to work with the partner in charge and senior management to provide cutting-edge tax services to our many clients. You will be responsible for a variety of technical, administrative, and support functions. What you will do
What you bring to the role
- Prepare working paper files and tax returns for individuals with international income sources;
- Maintaining client files to ensure accurate and timely completion of returns and schedules;
- Follow up on notices of assessment with clients;
- Providing support to team members in related tasks;
- Tax research.
Keys to your success:
- Strong time-management abilities and entrepreneurship;
- Excellent client service skills, with the ability to understand clients' businesses;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills allowing effective interaction with staff;
- Enthusiastic with a desire to learn;
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment;
- Ability to establish and maintain strong client relationships;
- Minimum of 1 year experience in a public accounting firm, combined with Q1 preparation;
- Excellent computer skills - Excel experience is required;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Accounting or Business diploma or degree.
- Enrollment in courses to obtain the US title of « Enrolled Agent » is a major asset.
- Ability and interest in developing new markets and in working in a growing business environment.
- Professionalism in the execution of tasks.
- High level of drive, enthusiasm and a positive attitude when coping with pressure at work.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work effectively in teams.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both French and English. Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce. KPMG encourages applications from all qualified individuals and will accommodate applicants' disability-related needs, up to the point of undue hardship, throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Any assessment and selection materials or processes used during the recruitment process will be available in an accessible format to applicants with disabilities, upon request. If you require a disability-related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process
, please contact KPMG's Employee Relations Service team for support at email: firstname.lastname@example.org
or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778 Option 3. KPMG will consult with all applicants with disabilities who request accommodation during the recruitment process to ensure that the accommodation provided takes into account the applicant's individual accessibility needs.
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at email@example.com