At KPMG, you'll join a team of diverse and dedicated problem solvers, connected by a common cause: turning insight into opportunity for clients and communities around the world.
The Forensic practice is interested in hiring a Data Analytics Consultant or Senior Consultant to join its forensic data analytics ("FDA") team. The FDA team performs data analytics to provide litigation support, the quantification of damages, and investigations into fraud and other inappropriate actions. Our team also performs data analytics for external audit, internal audit and as well as for other consulting engagements. Our team is made up of accountants, programmers, business intelligence professionals, internal/IT auditors, statisticians and others that are passionate about data and have specialized skills. What you will do
What you bring to the role
- Work with various engagement teams to translate data requirements into data analytics routines.
- Develop scripts and workflows to assist with data extraction, queries, and data manipulation in accordance with business processes.
- Analyze client data and then present findings and suggest areas for improvement.
- Review new and existing systems in terms of adequacy of operational considerations.
- Conduct process reviews and documenting significant controls and testing internal control through data analytics.
- Investigate allegations of fraud, determining the cause of the incident, offering recommendations on corrective action for incidents and preserving evidence for potential legal action.
- Perform technical testing and domain research, and document findings.
- Proactively contribute to the creation of presentation materials relating to data modeling for stakeholder discussions.
- Deliver on-time, high quality work that meets the requirements of the engagement and KPMG's quality standards.
- Utilize KPMG methodologies and techniques to deliver multiple client engagements of varying size, scope and complexity.
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in Management Analytics, Data Management, Business Intelligence, Business Analytics, Management of Information Systems, or any other pertinent technology programs.
- Minimum of 1-2 years of relevant experience for Consultants.
- 3-4 years of relevant experience for Senior Consultants.
- Experience with data extraction, analysis, cleansing, quality and manipulation skills, as well as experience handling very large volumes of data.
- Experience with some of the following software: Alteryx, Tableau, MS Power BI, SQL, Python, ACL/IDEA
- A CPA designation is an asset but not obligatory.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and French
Keys to your success:
- Ability to explain the following will be considered assets:
- Experience in accounting and/or financial markets.
- Technical designations (CISSP, CISA, etc.)
- Reliability or Security Clearance
KPMG individuals Deliver Impact | Seek Growth | Inspire Trust
and understand that a diverse workforce enables us to deepen relationships and strengthen our business. Providing you with the support you need to be at your best
For more information about KPMG in Canada's Benefits and well-being, click here Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice. For more information about Inclusion, Diversity & Equity in Recruitment, please click here .
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at email@example.com
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778.