KPMG's Management Consulting practice helps organizations leverage change. The data intelligence and engineering team helps organizations to utilize data by supporting data-informed decision-making with the development and implementation of advanced technological solutions that fully use structured and unstructured data, even in a big data environment. What you will do
The successful candidate will take part in various business intelligence and data engineering mandates, which could involve assessing current practices, as well as developing a business intelligence and data engineering strategy, roadmaps, dashboards and performance indicators, devising and validating data models, and analyzing data to support timely decision-making, etc.
The successful candidate will have a range of responsibilities, including:
What you bring to the role
- Taking part in client meetings and supporting the team in developing presentation materials in relation to project kick-off meetings, needs gathering and analysis, project management, presentation of results, etc.
- Developing and implementing dimensional and tabular data models aligned with clients' business intelligence needs.
- Advising on the implementation of indicators aligned with organizational or sectoral objectives to support performance management and decision-making .
- Playing a role in developing and implementing roadmaps, dashboards, performance indicators, data modelling, business intelligence and data engineering systems architectures, data analyses supporting decision-making, etc.
- Assisting and supporting clients in implementing recommendations and managing projects in accordance with deadlines, budgets and client expectations.
- Working on multiple client engagements of varying scope and complexity at the same time.
- Delivering high-quality work on time that meets the Firm's quality standards and client expectations.
- Working with cross-functional teams with people of diverse backgrounds and skill sets.
Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
- University degree in computer science, business intelligence, information architecture, information science, business administration or another related field.
- 1-4 years of relevant business intelligence experience.
- Professional experience in the financial or insurance industry, considered an asset.
- Experience in developing and using relational and dimensional models.
- Good knowledge of SQL (window functions, subqueries, conditional tables, etc.)
- Experience developing dashboards and performance indicators using PowerBI, Tableau, Looker, etc.
- Strong ability to convey complex information to different organizational levels and stakeholders with different levels of business intelligence maturity.
- Knowledge of data pipeline development tools (e.g., Apache Airflow, Luigi, dbt, stitch, etc.) considered an asset.
- Knowledge of programming languages in a data pipeline development context (e.g., Java, C#, Python) considered an asset .
- Familiarity with certain cloud computing suites (AWS, Azure, GCP) considered an asset.
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice.
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at email@example.com
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778.
Accounting Banking, Finance and Insurance