The objective of our Enterprise Risk services is to provide clients with a candid and reliable overview of their risk landscape. Our solutions can be used by our clients to build confidence and trust with their customers, the overall market and when required by regulation or contract. The opportunity
Our Risk team provides comprehensive risk services that help companies around the world evaluate and enhance their risk management and internal audit functions. Professionals in this role will work within the Risk Advisory - Internal Audit group to evaluate and test business process controls, management review controls and application controls to support financial statement audits, service organizational control reporting as well as internal audit projects. Join our stream as an Internal Audit Staff or Senior. Your key responsibilities
As an Internal Audit professional, you will be responsible for providing comprehensive risk services through a suite of strategic, outsourcing, and industry-focused operational recommendations that help companies around the world evaluate and enhance their internal audit and risk management functions. We plan, lead and perform internal audit, Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) and risk advisory projects in accordance with the client's risk management strategy, resulting in the identification of control enhancements, operational and compliance process improvements and efficiency opportunities as well as company-wide cost improvements. Skills and attributes for success
Establishing relationships with client personnel at appropriate levels. Consistently delivering quality client services. Monitoring progress, managing risks and ensuring key stakeholders are kept informed about progress and expected outcomes. Staying abreast of current business and industry trends relevant to the client's business.
• Demonstrating ability to continuously learn, incorporate and apply new knowledge in the work environment. Possessing good business acumen. Remaining current on new developments in Advisory services, capabilities and industry knowledge
• Improving clients' efficiency and effectiveness through the design of their operations, processes, information technology and business functions
• Executing procedures, performing detailed data analysis, reaching conclusions, documenting results and suggesting ideas for efficiencies
• Taking full responsibility for tasks, including consistent review of own work to identify and improve an approach for producing high quality work products, while working under supervision To qualify for the role you must have
• Three to four years of experience working in internal audit, internal controls, risk management or process optimization
• An undergraduate degree in business, accounting, and/or related financial education background, engineering, computer science and/or information systems, is an asset
• In the process of completing CPA designation or CPA designation completed, would be considered as an advantage…Strong academic record, including, without limitation, course work that EY deems relevant to this position
• Analytics experience and/or knowledge would be considered as an advantage Ideally, you'll also have
• Proficient in the French and English languages, including the ability to listen, understand, read, and communicate effectively both in writing and verbally in a professional environment
• Proficient with MS Office, including MS Excel, MS Word and MS PowerPoint
• Willing and able to learn and work independently with minimal supervision
• Demonstrated project management, teaming, organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills
• Effective organization and time management skills with the ability to work under pressure and adhere to project deadlines
• Integrity within a professional environment What we look for
We're interested in highly motivated talented individuals with a strong willingness to think outside of the box. You can expect plenty of autonomy in this role, so you'll need the motivation to take initiative and seek out opportunities to improve our current relationships and expand our business in the evolving market. If you're serious about consulting and ready to take on some of our clients' most complex issues, this role is for you. What working at EY offers
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture - built on high-performance teaming - where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It's one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
• Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
• Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
• The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you About EY
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and consulting services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. Recognized as one of Canada's top employers, EY continually strives to be a great place to work and with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer a reality. If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark. Apply today.
EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
Customer Service and Support