You've got big plans. We have opportunities to match, and we're committed to empowering you to become a better you, no matter what you do.
When you join KPMG you'll be one of over 219,000 professionals providing audit, tax, advisory and business enablement services across 147 countries.
With the support to do things differently, grow personally and professionally and bring your whole self to work, there's no limit to the impact you can make. Let's do this. The opportunity:
KPMG 's Quebec City office is looking for an advisor to join its Canadian corporate tax department, specifically for tax planning and compliance mandates.
As a member of the client services team, you will work closely with KPMG partners and managers on tax planning and compliance needs and initiatives. Your organizational skills will allow you to support the team in delivering tax planning and compliance services to clients. In addition, you will do tax research and analyze strategies designed to reduce a client's tax burden. You will prepare tax returns and various tax forms, in addition to calculating tax provisions. Your position will allow you to develop your skills as a tax professional with interesting professional challenges throughout your career. What you will do
What you bring to the role
- Conduct research and analyses in different areas and focussing on various tax issues, and help lay the groundwork for tax reorganizations;
- Work closely with a partner on tax planning and reorganization mandates;
- Prepare or review tax returns for corporations, trusts and partnerships;
- Draft tax memoranda for review by partners and managers;
- Prepare tax spreadsheets;
- Assist partners and managers on special mandates;
- Prepare or review tax provisions.
Keys to your success:
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in a Public Accounting firm
- Professional Accounting Designation (CPA)
- CPA Canada's in-depth tax program completed or in progress or Master's degree in tax
- Ability to manage priorities effectively and to deal with several projects simultaneously
- Excellent knowledge of French and excellent verbal communication skills
- Highly motivated individual with a desire for growth
- Deliver quality service and value to clients
- Dedicated to work with the team and assume new duties or responsibilities
Individuals who take deep personal accountability for their work, have a passion for excellence, driven to achieve their full potential and understand the value of building relationships with clients, future clients, their communities, the global firm and each other. A KPMG professional should have all the following characteristics:
- Strong work ethic
- Thrive on challenges
- Dedicated to providing outstanding client service
Learn more about where a career at KPMG can take you. Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice.
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact KPMG's Employee Relations Service team for support at email: firstname.lastname@example.org
or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778 Option 3.
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at email@example.com