255 Rue Racine E, Suite 440
Job Family Group:
Wealth Sales & Service
BMO Private Wealth is currently seeking an individual to join our Private Client team in Chicoutimi, QC. This role will support a team of Investment Advisors in servicing and maintaining client relationships.
This position is ideal for someone who is passionate about wealth management and believes that creating a financial plan is the foundation for creating a long-term future for clients. This individual holds or is pursuing their Financial Planning designation (IQPF) and is looking to join an established team of advisors to help them grow their business.
This role will act as the primary financial planning resource for this team and will be responsible for creating and updating client financial plans.
In addition to financial planning, the Associate will be responsible for providing overall support to the private wealth management team. Responsibilities include supporting the opening and onboarding of client accounts, as well as assisting associates and portfolio managers in achieving a high level of service to partners, prospects and clients.Primary Responsibilities:
- Promote a client-centric culture to deepen client relationships and leverage the firm's relationships, systems and knowledge more broadly.
- Primary resource in the creation and maintenance of client financial plans
- Identify new business opportunities with current and potential clients through proactive sales and marketing techniques (e.g., telemarketing, networking, seminars, and community engagement).
- Use professional judgment to design and recommend investment strategies that will enable clients to achieve their financial goals.
- Explain and apply investment concepts, portfolio construction and management principles, and other wealth management strategies
- Manage and complete client account opening and correction processes with all parties involved.
- Distribute client documentation to all relevant internal partners
- Support portfolio managers in portfolio management related activities.
- Assist in meeting internal and external compliance standards
- Provide administrative support to the Private Client team with respect to onboarding and portfolio management activities.
- Understand how the firm's risk appetite and risk culture should be reflected in day-to-day activities and decisions.
We're here to help
- Relevant work experience and/or certification in a related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of the Canadian Securities Course (CSC) and the Standards of Conduct Handbook.
- Registration as a Registered Representative.
- Meet the mandatory requirements of the Investment Dealers Association of Canada (IDA) Continuing Education Program.
- Holds the Financial Planning designation (IQPF) or is enrolled with expected completion within 24 months
- Specialized knowledge acquired through education or work experience
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong collaboration and teamwork skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to influence
- Bilingual (French and English).
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmo.com/ca/en .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Sales and Marketing