The successful candidate will support design and manufacturing engineering in the specification, selection and application of Electrical, Electronic, Electromechanical - EEE parts for space systems. Knowledge of military standards related to parts specification, selection and qualification is an asset. Primary Activities:
Abilities and knowledge:
- Evaluation of components design and workmanship for high reliability applications.
- Evaluation of components discrepancies impact on design and reliability.
- Preparation of Source Control Drawings (procurement specs)
- Providing advice to design engineers on component selection (based on quality and reliability requirements of programs/customers)
- Identification of alternate parts where lead times or component costs are unsuitable
- Approval of parts lists
- Preparation of declared components lists & non-standard parts approvals requests & participate in Parts Control Boards (PCBs) with customers
- Audit of component suppliers to assure their processes & products are under control and meet the relevant standards
- Review supplier surveys to determine if they are eligible to Approved Suppliers List
- Act as technical interface and coordinator with suppliers for meetings, documentation exchanges, NDAs, Export controls, etc (Qualification, etc)
- Approval of Purchase orders for related component quality clauses & optimization cost/lead time vs program product assurance requirements
- Authorize the purchase of EEE items and ensure they fulfill program/customer requirements prior reception/stocking.
- Review/approval of data for incoming components (Incoming inspection reviews) including DPA results from external DPA houses.
- Assign Value Added Services to EEEs to ensure full compliance to Product Assurance requirements.
- Participate in internal and customer reviews of Non-conformances/discrepancies relating to EEEs (Engineering Review Boards &ndash ERBs, Material Review Boards - MRBs)
- Maintain EEE items database (item creation/review, verify/update documentation, etc)
- Assess impact of Alerts/Product Change Notices from suppliers/industry
- Participate in Product Assurance efforts/initiatives (Continuous improvement, Corrective Actions, 8D approach, etc.)
- Review customer specifications to produce internal Statement of Compliance
- Participate in internal EEE related processes reviews & provide guidance/training to internal employees and customers about EEE requirements
- Participate in internal Qualification testing and Failure analysis of EEEs
- Familiarity with MIL, NASA and ESA standards for components and materials such as:
- NASA GSFC EEE-INST-002 Instructions for EEE Parts Selection, Screening, Qualification, and Derating, ECSS-Q-ST-60 (Product Assurance Requirements of Space EEE Components) and their subsidiary specifications
- MIL-STD-883/750 (Test Methods and Procedures for Microelectronics)
- Familiarity with space radiation effects/testing on EEEs an asset
- Ability to perform Constructional Analysis or Destructive Physical Analysis (DPA, MIL-STD-1580) on EEEs an asset
- EEE components Quality Controls and Reliability
- Experience with SEM, EDX, X-ray and other destructive and non-destructive techniques used for EEE inspection
- Familiar with Failure Analysis of EEE components an asset
- Eligible to NATO secret security clearance
Primary ActivitiesCandidate Profile
- Five (5) years in component engineering (Electrical, Electronic, Electromechanical - EEE specialist) preferably with an aerospace company.
- Electrical or physics engineering or equivalent
- Post graduate degree an asset
- Knowledge of French and English
Posted: August 9, 2018
Closes: September 15, 2018