Collections Officer - Anjou, QC (Full-time)
Reference ID: 533850817
Requisition ID: 57068
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
DRIVE IS WHAT GIVES YOU THE CAREER ADVANTAGE
This position is for Scotia Dealer Advantage, a wholly owned subsidiary of The Bank of Nova Scotia. We provide dealers and customers alike with the advantages, strength and experience of Scotiabank, coupled with Scotia Dealer Advantage's industry leading Special Finance expertise and service.
Scotia Dealer Advantage is one of Canada's largest and fastest growing Special Finance companies providing automotive financing programs nationwide. We build partnerships with authorized independent and franchise automobile dealers to help them grow their businesses and serve their special finance customers
Do you have a passion to help others through financial struggles and want to be part of a dynamic team that is customer focused, results driven and highly motivated? This is what our Collections team represents at Scotia Dealer Advantage.
In Collections we uphold a standard of excellence. If you want to leave your fingerprint on a world-renowned company that has been leading in the subprime auto industry like Scotia Dealer Advantage then this is the job for you!
Your training and development is important to us and our goal is to ensure you have the proper support and tools to be successful in this role. At inception, you will be an observant and have the ability to absorb strong listening and negotiations skills through customer interactions and apply these to conversations of your own. You will not only be collecting payments but you will assisting our customers through hardship, this requires an individual who is able to think outside-the-box to overcome adversity and give our customers a top-of-the-industry experience in the process.
Collection Officers are:
- Excellent communicators
- Well versed and display articulate phone and written presence that's confident, yet personable
- Disciplined and focused individuals who reach daily targets
- Long-term thinkers who are not afraid to go outside the box to give engaging alternatives for our customers
- Elevated and will cultivate their own knowledge through daily interactions with Managers, Team Leaders and Seniors Collection Officers
- Individuals seeking new challenges and opportunity to grow within the organization
The Collections Officer is responsible for maximizing collection of overdue payments from customers while minimizing collection costs and loan losses on individually assigned accounts. This role conducts timely and effective collection follow-up on assigned loans in varying stages of arrears and, on accounts where a potential risk to the Bank is evident.
1. Conducts payment collection activity to provide the Bank with optimal delinquency ratios and loan losses.
2. Makes sound decisions on accepting, rejecting or offering amended payment terms and settlements while conforming to Bank policies.
3. Establishes full responsibility for all payment or collection related inquiries, concerns, arrangements.
4. Ensure the delivery of customer service fosters overall customer and business line/department
5. Ensure the delivery of customer service fosters overall customer and business line/department satisfaction.
•Significant previous experience in a collections/customer service capacity utilizing the telephone as the primary means of communication.
•Significant previous experience collection of delinquent or overdue accounts in the financial services industry or experience collecting on delinquent accounts receivable.
•Experience with Microsoft operating systems including Word, Excel, Outlook and the Internet. An understanding of predictive dialer equipment and payment collection systems is an asset.
-Various shifts covering the hours of 7 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. Monday to Friday are required as well as some Saturdays.
-High school diploma required
-Must be perfectly bilingual (English/French)
Location(s): Canada : Quebec : Anjou
As Canada's International Bank, we are a leader when it comes to inclusion. We are a diverse and global team, speaking more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to provide as seamless a recruitment experience as possible.
Job Segment: Bank, Banking, Accounts Receivable, Finance, Automotive, Bilingual
Posted: March 15, 2019
Closes: May 14, 2019