Requisition ID: 157771
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off. Collections Advisor
Scotia Dealer Advantage is one of Canada's largest and fastest growing Special Finance companies providing automotive financing programs nationwide. We build partnerships with authorized independent and franchise automobile dealers to help them grow their businesses and serve their special finance customers.
In Collections we uphold a standard of excellence. If you want to leave your fingerprint on a world-renowned company that has been leading in the subprime auto industry like Scotia Dealer Advantage then this is the job for you!
Do you have a passion for helping others through financial struggles and want to be part of a dynamic team that is customer focused, results driven and highly motivated? This is what our Collections team represents at Scotia Dealer Advantage. PLEASE NOTE
Is the Collection Advisor role right for you?
- This position will work on a Hybrid model and our office location at Blv. Les Galeries D'Anjou, Anjou, Québec
- Various shifts covering the hours of 7 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. Monday to Friday are required as well as some Saturdays as needed on a rotational basis
As a CollectionAdvisor, you'll be responsible for maximizing the collection of overdue payments from customers while minimizing collection costs and loan losses on individually assigned accounts.As an advisor, you will conduct timely and effective collection follow-up discussions on assigned loans in varying stages of arrears and on accounts where a potential risk to the Bank is evident. You'll also:
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed?
- Conduct payment collection activity to provide the Bank with optimal delinquency ratios and loan losses
- Make sound decisions on accepting, rejecting or offering amended payment terms and settlements while conforming to Bank policies
- Establish full responsibility for all payment or collection related inquiries, concerns, and/or arrangements
- Ensure the delivery of customer service fosters overall customer and business line/department satisfaction
What's in it for you?
- You are fluently bilingual in both French and English Languages as this role serves Nationally
- You have excellent communication skills
- You articulate a strong presence on the phone that's confident, yet personable
- You are a disciplined and focused individual who is motivated to reach daily targets
- You think long term and aren't afraid to think outside the box to give engaging alternatives for our customers
- You elevate and cultivate your own knowledge through daily interactions with Managers, Team Leaders and Seniors Collection Officers
- You are always seeking new challenges and opportunities to grow within the organization
- You have significant previous experience in a collections/customer service capacity utilizing the telephone as the primary means of communication
- You have significant previous experience collection of delinquent or overdue accounts in the financial services industry or experience collecting on delinquent accounts receivable
- You have experience with the Microsoft suite of products including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- An understanding of predictive dialer equipment and payment collection systems is an asset
- During your onboarding into the role, you will be an observant and have the ability to absorb strong listening and negotiations skills through customer interactions and apply these to conversations of your own
- You will not only be collecting payments but you will assist our customers through hardship which requires you to think outside-the-box to overcome adversity and give our customers a top-of-the-industry experience in the process.
- A positive and inclusive team environment where your voice and opinions are valued. We foster big thinking, professional growth and mutual respect.
- A rewarding career path with diverse opportunities for professional development within Canadian Banking
Location(s): Canada : Quebec : Montreal || Canada : Quebec : Anjou
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank's six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Accounts Receivable, QC, Collections, Bank, Banking, Finance, Quality