Cloud Networking SupportPosition Overview
As a Cloud Networking Support specialist, you will provide support for Google Cloud Platform products and solutions including Google Compute Engine and related services. You will provide technical assistance and support to Google Cloud Platform users as part of a global 24x7 support organization.Responsibilities
•Provide technical support to customers using Cloud Platform products, solutions and APIs Qualifications: R equired Knowledge
•Identify and document product bugs and feature requests and work with internal support teams as well as customers to implement effective solutions
•Work closely with internal support teams to provide feedback and input to help improve Cloud Platform products
•Provide assistance and guidance to users through public forums (third party and Google-owned)
• Strong understanding of network protocols (TCP/IP) Preferred Qualifications
• Strong ability to troubleshoot latency and throughput issues
• Familiarity with networking (NAT, firewalls, basic routing, load balancing, etc.)
• Familiarity with cloud computing
• Familiarity with web and mail protocols (HTTP, TLS, SMTP, etc)
• Ability to research using internal knowledge bases and public-facing documentation (Google Developers, StackOverflow, etc.)
• A strong sense of business ownership and customer focus
• Strong written and spoken English skills
• Experience with Cloud Computing services (Google Cloud, VMware, Amazon EC2, etc.) Who is TELUS?
• Experience in deploying and managing distributed systems and clusters
• Knowledge of programming languages (any of Java, Python, PHP, Go)
• Familiarity with modern API technologies
We're a high-performing team of individuals who collectively make TELUS one of the leading telecommunications companies in Canada. Our competitive consumer offerings include wireline, wireless, internet and Optik TV™. We also deliver a compelling range of products and services for small, medium and large businesses; and have carved out a leadership position in the health, energy, finance and public sector markets with innovative industry specific solutions.
Everyone belongs at TELUS. It doesn't matter who you are, what you do or how you do it, at TELUS, your unique contribution and talents will be valued and respected. Because the more diverse perspectives we have the more likely we are to crack the code on what our customers want and our communities need.
Do you share our passion?
At TELUS, you
create future friendly® possibilities.
At TELUS, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.