We are looking for a highly motivated and detail-oriented Cloud FinOps Specialist to play a crucial role in managing and optimizing our cloud expenditure. As a Cloud FinOps Specialist, you will be responsible for monitoring cloud usage, analyzing costs, identifying cost-saving opportunities, and working collaboratively with cross-functional teams to align cloud expenses with business objectives.
- Analyze and monitor cloud spending, identifying cost drivers, trends, and anomalies.
- Develop and maintain cloud cost dashboards, reports, and forecasts.
- Collaborate with IT, finance, and business stakeholders to understand cloud usage patterns and requirements.
- Implement and optimize cloud cost management tools and practices.
- Evaluate and recommend cloud cost optimization strategies, such as rightsizing, reservations, and spot instances.
- Continuously identify opportunities for cost reduction and efficiency improvements.
- Assist in budgeting and forecasting cloud expenses.
- Provide recommendations for cost allocation and chargeback mechanisms.
- Stay up to date with cloud pricing models, services, and best practices.
- Communicate cost-related findings and recommendations to stakeholders.
- Bachelor's degree in finance, IT, or a related field (master's degree preferred).
- Demonstrated experience in cloud cost management, cloud billing, or financial analysis.
- Proficiency in cloud cost management tools and platforms (e.g., AWS Cost Explorer, Azure Cost Management, GCP Cost Management).
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Cloud certifications (e.g., AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner, Azure Fundamentals) a plus.
- Experience with cloud budgeting and forecasting tools is an advantage.
- Familiarity with IT cost allocation methodologies is desirable.
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Opportunities for professional growth and development
- Collaborative and innovative work environment
- Exposure to cutting-edge cloud technologies
- Supportive and diverse team
is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 65,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 12,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe it is expected that you comply with our Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) policy at all times as well as client HSE policies when working at client locations.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY.