6-month Cloud Engineer to join a high performing SRE team with a global retail organization.
What & Why:
- Cloud Engineer contract role
- High performing SRE team with a global retail organization
- Remote work capability
As a result of growth our client is looking to add a Cloud Engineer to their SRE team. The SRE Environments team manages infrastructure as code, builds and operates CICD pipelines, automates existing processes and maintains a catalog of self-serve offerings to help development teams get to production faster. They provide technical and architectural guidance to teams building or operating new and legacy systems on AWS. They also identify common needs or pain points for development teams and build or collaborate with the larger organization to produce patterns, best practices or services. You will work with other SREs to support internal customers, operate and maintain infrastructure, architect and build solutions on AWS and regularly collaborate with other parts of the organization to provide project leadership, mentoring and technical expertise. This is not a tier one support role, but during certain high-traffic times of the year associated with the retail industry, you may be asked to provide tier two on-call support.
This client has a global presence and is one of the most recognizable Canadian brands. They are well known for their corporate culture and won major awards for their accomplishments in 2020. 2021 remained a very strong year for them which included a major strategic acquisition. 2022 has them investing majorly in bleeding edge technology as they continue to be a global leader in retail technology. They have an all-star leadership team who keeps you accountable and provides support while still affording you tremendous autonomy. They are located close to rapid transit in newly renovated offices in downtown Vancouver and have full remote on-boarding capability during Covid19 with remote work available for the duration of the contract.
You will bring the following education, skills and experience to the role:
- 4+ years of professional software development experience
- 2+ years of professional experience with public cloud infrastructure
- Architecting and building on AWS
- Experience with Terraform or CloudFormation
- Implementing and operating CICD pipelines (Jenkins, GitLab, CircleCI, etc)
- Experience with Kubernetes, AWS Lambda and containerization
- System administration experience
- Familiarity with Java and/or the WebLogic ecosystem
- AWS Solutions Architect or DevOps Professional certification
If the sound of this opportunity excites you, and you’re confident that it’s a good fit for your experience and career goals, then we’d love to hear from you! Please send your updated resume to us by applying to this posting and one of our awesome team of recruiters will be in touch.