Join our team
Google Cloud technology is the future, empowering millions of organizations and businesses to lead, innovate and grow.
If you are passionate about working with this leading edge technology while providing best-in-class technical customer support, consider this superb opportunity at TELUS. Here's the impact you'll make and what we'll accomplish together
We are looking for a Cloud Developer/Technical Support Specialist who will passionately provide excellent technical customer service support for Google Cloud products solutions and application program interfaces (APIs), including App Engine, BigQuery & Cloud Storage.
Working in a blended call center environment, you will provide real time technical assistance and developer support over the phone and via online communications based on client requirements as part of a global 24x7 support organization. You will partner with engineers and product managers to improve the product and make our customers successful. Here's how
• Providing technical developer support to customers using Google Cloud Platform products, solutions & APIs
• Reproducing customer issues in order to provide a holistic fix
• Collaborating with internal support teams and customers to identify and document product bugs and feature requests
• Implement effective solutions through connecting with multi-functional teams and resources
• Partnering with internal teams to improve cloud products at a senior level
• Leading users through public forums: third party & Google-owned
• Qualifications: You're the missing piece of the puzzle
• Proficient in at least one of Java, Python, PHP or Go
• Advances skills operating SQL REACT to manipulate data
• Effectively build solutions with Linux-based systems
• Proficient with web protocols: Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP), Transport Layer Security (TLS), etc
• Extend significant abilities in reading, understanding and writing code samples to replicate customer issues
• Demonstrate comprehensive troubleshooting tactics and are well-equipped to read and understand logs and stack traces
• Well-versed with research strategies using internal knowledge bases and public-facing documentation such as Google Developers, Stack Overflow, etc
• Dedicated mindset of business ownership and customer focus to ensure mutually advantageous outcomes
• Advanced oral & written English language and communication skills required Great-to-haves
• Experience with Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS)
• Knowledge of parallel/distributed computing: Not Only Structured Query Language (NoSQL), MapReduce, etc
• Practical knowledge of Open Authorization (OAuth) servers, SQL (any dialect) Cloud computing & PaaS modern API technologies
• Experience applying BigQuery, Cloud Storage & CloudSQL, and Code versioning tools such as Git, Subversion (SVN), etc Please note:
This position is based exclusively in Montréal, Quebec (QC)] Who is TELUS?
We're a high-performing team of individuals who collectively make TELUS one of the leading telecommunications companies in Canada. Our competitive consumer offerings include wireline, wireless, internet and Optik TV™. We also deliver a compelling range of products and services for small, medium and large businesses; and have carved out a leadership position in the health, energy, finance and public sector markets with innovative industry specific solutions.
Everyone belongs at TELUS. It doesn't matter who you are, what you do or how you do it, at TELUS, your unique contribution and talents will be valued and respected. Because the more diverse perspectives we have the more likely we are to crack the code on what our customers want and our communities need.
Do you share our passion?
At TELUS, you
create future friendly ® possibilities.
At TELUS, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.