Requisition ID: 59848
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off. Purpose
Contributes to the overall success of the Commercial Bank in Canada, ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team's business strategies and objectives while also ensuring all activities are conducted in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
The Client Service Associate "CSA" provides the (Sr) Client Relationship Managers with support needed to service client requirements and new asks. This will include coordinating efforts with internal partners and directly reaching out to clients to address various activities such as resolution of escalated client challenges, collection/processing of financial reporting, satisfaction of funding requirements and onboarding needs. The role is specific to servicing of the Growth and Core Segment in Commercial Banking Distribution.
- Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Working closely with (Sr) Client Relationship Managers, the CSA is responsible for providing the following services to a portfolio of existing and prospective clients:
- Onbarding: Supprting the collection of information directly from clients and from various sources necessary to assess the client's risk profile in order to ensure the Bank meets its regulatory requirements related to KYC, AML, etc. This includes contacting clients, sourcing internal/external sources/web sites, documenting information in Know Your Client documentation in various formats such as the Client Profile Information documents and responding to various internal Compliance groups.
- Client servicing escalatins: Help reslve service related matters raised by the client directly to the (Sr) Client Relationship Manager. This responsibility does not replace the servicing provided through the Business Service Center and is typically credit in nature or day to day servicing.
- Credit related tasks: (a) Cntact clients for financial reporting and spread Financial Statements, Projections and Borrowing bases, review results, escalate any signs of deterioration and update appropriate systems; (b) commence preparation of Credit Presentations; (c) assist with completion of conditions precedent, diligence and any other requirements necessary to obtain approvals (d) ensure client files are complete and appropriately documented in various systems (eg. SDR, e-tracker etc.) and (e) general support as necessary in the annual review process and other credit related situations needed to maintain portfolio quality.
- Fulfilment: Cordinating efforts with the client and various internal partners (eg. BSC, EDDU, CRA, GBM) to ensure loan funding and business account openings are fulfilled as per customer expectations.
- Provide status information on the progress of various fulfilment, KYC, AML onboarding and service requests and ensure bottlenecks or delays are promptly escalated with a plan to resolve
- Look for opportunities to make suggestions to continually improve processes and client satisfaction metrics. This may include actioning feedback received directly from clients or through client satisfaction vehicles such as the Pulse
- Understand how the Bank's risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct.
- Champions a high performance environment and implements a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment; communicating vision/values/business strategy and managing succession and development planning for the team.
- College/University degree or equivalent work experience
- Commitment to participate in other training requirements as determined by the Bank from time to time
- Strong commitment to excellent client service and ability to work with clients to resolve issues in an amicable and prompt manner
- Strong organizational skills to co-ordinate and prioritize a number of concurrent requests from different Relationship Managers
- Strong interpersonal skills to obtain agreements within Commercial Banking and partners
- Strong written and verbal skills with proven ability to engage stakeholders and clients
- Strong knowledge of Onboarding, Know Your Customer, Anti Money Laundering processes
- Good knowledge of Financial Statements and credit analysis
- Good knowledge of credit structures and applicable risk management
- Good knowledge of fulfilment processes and roles of partners
- Good knowledge of Commercial Banking partners and their involvement in servicing clients. In particular knowledge of the Business Service Center, Enhanced Due Diligence Team and Cash Management teams is important
- Good knowledge of the Commercial Banking Distribution structure as well as role of other groups within Commercial Banking (Roynat, Real Estate, Leasing etc)
- Thorough knowledge of the applicable software and technology platforms for Commercial (e.g., Sales Force, Intralink, Lotus Notes)
- Working knowledge of the features and benefits of Commercial products and services
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- A high degree of flexibility to adapt to a wide variety of tasks
- Strong commitment to accuracy, customer focus and results focus
Location(s): Canada : Quebec : Montreal
As Canada's International Bank, we are a leader when it comes to inclusion. We are a diverse and global team, speaking more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to provide as seamless a recruitment experience as possible.
ALL POSTINGS IN ME@SCOTIABANK WILL REMAIN LIVE FOR A MINIMUM OF 5 DAYS. Job Segment:
Bank, Banking, Law, Risk Management, Real Estate, Finance, Legal, Sales