Tell us your story. Don't go unnoticed. Explain why you're a winning candidate. Think "TD" if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here's our story: jobs.td.com Job Description
TD Insurance is looking for Claims Adjusters with exceptional customer service and communication skills to join our team.
The primary responsibility of the Claims Response Centre Representatives is to obtain information for residential insurance claims from clients who contact the Claims
Response Centre by telephone, web or fax. In this regard, the Analyst inputs information regarding the circumstances of the loss into the core claims system and directs the
claimant through the appropriate services for emergency repairs, appraisals, rentals and other claim related services and informs the claimant on the next steps in the claims
• Delivers Legendary Customer Experiences
• Listen to client needs and treat each encounter as unique and clarify clients request to ensure they are well served.
• Effectively communicate problems or need for potential changes to allow the team leader to take further action.
• Provide clients with value-added service in explaining claims procedures and coverage and offering clear and complete information based on client needs.
• Records loss situation into the system with accurate and detailed information in order to determine the cause of loss, and extensive property damage exposure (s). Where
necessary identify appropriate services required by the client for example, emergency services, appraisal, etc.
• Collaborate with other departments to ensure missing policies are offered to clients.
• Adapt quickly to systems changes and/or modifications.
• Apply working methods according to procedure. Where coverage exists, direct claimants through the claims settlement process by explaining coverage and procedures (in
non-technical terms), recommended suppliers, and by informing the claimant of his/her obligations and responsibilities to move the claim toward settlement. Where coverage
does not exist, inform the client by explaining the terms of the insurance contract.
• Take appropriate action to complete various insurance claims transactions.
• Participate openly and actively in coaching sessions by providing input and feedback to Telephone Unit, Team Leader and Quality Assurance Analyst.
• Identify needs and proactively seek coaching to generate improvement opportunities.Requirements
High School Diploma, or equivalent
• Experience in the Insurance Industry
• Able to interpret residential policy wordings
• Proven ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, and interact successfully with claimants, external suppliers, and third parties
• Data Entry
• Familiar with MS Office/Windows
• Ability to handle emotionally charged situations
• Have excellent interpersonal skills
• Maintain a positive demeanor and foster team spirit.
• Have excellent organization and time management skills
• Ability to prioritize certain emergencies and react quickly with tact, patience and courtesy
• Possess a professional telephone manner
• Claim Adjuster License (AMF)Hours
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.