Tell us your story. Don't go unnoticed. Explain why you're a winning candidate. Think "TD" if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here's our story: jobs.td.com Department Overview
TD Insurance is part of TD Bank Group, one of Canada's largest financial institutions. TD Insurance helps protect clients from the 'accidents of life' with a wide range of products including credit protection, life, health, travel, home and auto insurance. With more than three million clients, TD Insurance authorized products and services are available online, over the phone, and through a network of more than 1,000 TD Canada Trust branches.
In Canada, we have two lines of business, General Insurance and Life and Health. Our General Insurance business is one of the top home and auto insurance groups in Canada and the national leader in group insurance and affinity marketing. Our Life and Health business is the number one provider of critical illness insurance and direct life and health insurance in Canada.
At TD Insurance, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment. With a Canada-wide workforce of over 4,000 employees and offices in Atlantic Canada, Quebec, Ontario and Alberta, our company is always growing and can help you to grow. TD Insurance offers a stable and dynamic work environment where talent is appreciated and professional development is taken seriously. More than just a job, we offer rewarding careers.Job Description
Reporting to the Team Leader, Claims Services, the Analyst is accountable for providing quality service and managing expenses through the claims settlement process. This includes: opening new claims, setting up appraisals, assigning contractors, and ordering police reports; investigation, negotiation and settlement of automobile and homeowner claims; generating financial transactions and finalizing settlements in a timely fashion.
- Expedites client contact, explains coverage's, rights, obligations, claims presentation and processing, in accordance with TD's Automobile Policies and Procedures
- Delivers Legendary Customer Experiences
- Negotiates and settles claims within authority level and requests authorization where necessary.
- Assists and cooperates with colleagues during peak periods, vacation times and catastrophe situations, while maintaining personal workload.
- Maximizes accessibility by taking a fair share of calls.
- Follows up with clients to ensure timely and accurate submission of documentation.
- Actively seeks new information, interpretations and techniques to ensure knowledge is current.
- Participates in the development of departmental procedures and directives.
- Is expected to be in the Claims Telephone Queue
- Understands and executes faithfully the LEI program and its initiatives.
- Diligent processing of claims efficient responding to calls, messages, mail and invoices in accordance with claims service standards.
- You possess excellent verbal/written communication skills.
- You have a pleasant and patient telephone manner.
- You have a superior client service orientation.
- You have excellent organization and time management skills.
- You have demonstrated your ability to function effectively in a fast-paced, multi-faceted environment.
- You have the ability to effectively deal with change and help foster an environment open to change.
- You possess strong typing and computer skills.
- You maintain a positive demeanour and foster team spirit.
- You have demonstrated good attendance and promptness.
- 1-2 years of claims experience is an asset.
- Fluently bilingual (French / English)
- You possess a valid Claims Adjuster certificate from the Autorité des Marchés Financiers (AMF)
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Posted: February 14, 2019
Closes: April 15, 2019