Line of Service
AssociateJob Description & Summary
A career within Legal Services, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients adopt a more strategic approach to global entity governance across their organisations. We help our clients and their legal entities with the incorporation of new companies, on going compliance with local legislation, and restructuring of their global businesses to manage governance and compliance risks.
Our team specialises in providing legal advice across all of our clients disciplines. You'll help provide legal support to a wide array of specialty areas from cyber security and technology to banking and intellectual property.
To really stand out and make us ﬁt for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be an authentic and inclusive leader, at all grades/levels and in all lines of service. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As an Associate, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. Responsibilities include:
- Invite and provide evidence-based feedback in a timely and constructive manner.
- Share and collaborate effectively with others.
- Work with existing processes/systems whilst making constructive suggestions for improvements.
- Validate data and analysis for accuracy and relevance.
- Follow risk management and compliance procedures.
- Keep up-to-date with technical developments for business area.
- Communicate confidently in a clear, concise and articulate manner - verbally and in written form.
- Seek opportunities to learn about other cultures and other parts of the business across the Network of PwC firms.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct. An interest in upskilling for a digital world and technology trends, an openness to learning new tools and adapting how you work : 1+ years of corporate/business immigration experience Bilingual in French and EnglishWhy you'll love working for PwC
We want you to love every (if not, almost every) minute of your career, having said this, we get it. Each life stage we go through comes with a new set of priorities and demands. This is why we support you through a range of financial and non-financial rewards and benefits, so regardless of your situation, there's something for everyone.
Leading benefits for our permanent staff include :
A competitive compensation package
Sponsored investments, pensions and saving plans with matching firm contributions
PwC FlexBenefits , for personalised medical & dental coverage, including enhanced mental health benefit
Every day recognition and real time appreciation through our rewards and recognition program
Dress for your day with our flexible dress environment
Health, wellness and fitness perks
Family-friendly benefits, including maternity and parental leave policies and support networks to help you prepare for your successful return to work
Back-up child and elder care support
Career defining project work and international experience
Development opportunities including learning on the job, formal learning, learning from others and access to "Vantage" our digital learning system
Award winning programs including "Women in Leadership" and "Enhanced Pursuit Program"
A coach to help develop skills, diversify experiences and achieve career aspirations Education
(if blank, degree and/or field of study not specified)
Degrees/Field of Study required:
Degrees/Field of Study preferred: Certifications
(if blank, certifications not specified) Desired Languages
(If blank, desired languages not specified) Travel Requirements
Up to 20%Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
NoGovernment Clearance Required?
NoJob Posting End Date
PwC is committed to building a diverse workforce representative of the communities we serve. We encourage and are pleased to consider all qualified candidates, without regard to race, colour, citizenship, religion, sex, marital / family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, aboriginal status, age, disability or persons who may require an accommodation, to apply.