We offer attractive pay, flexible work options, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future. #WeAre WSP A day in the life:
- We value and are committed to upholding a culture of Inclusion and Belonging
- Our Flexible Work Policy - we recognize the importance of balance in our lives and encourage you to prioritize the balance in yours. We will support you on and off the job so you can be fully present in both your work and home lives.
- Our Hybrid Work Policy - a combination of in-person and remote working, enables us to purposefully think of how we work, who we need to work with, and where the work should be done.
- A Canadian success story - we're proud to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer.
- Enhance the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada.
- Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your ideas and trying new things.
- A phenomenal collaborative culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
What you'll bring to WSP ...
- Builds and maintains strong relationships with business partners and acts as a liaison between information services teams and the business partner
- Provides education to new partners with regards to IT service offerings
- Promotes business projects and value to the IT leaders and community
- Develops, shares, and leverages best practices across IT
- Assists in the de?nition, prioritization, and supporting of program and project initiatives
- Tracks ROI for business initiatives including cost, bene?ts, and risk
- De?nes new services to support business needs
- Assists in the development of metrics used to track value delivery
- Communicates business needs with appropriate IT service team(s) to gain alignment between business needs and technical capabilities
- Gathers high-level business requirements and de?nes scope during initial discovery by conducting meetings/interviews, and facilitating large group/cross-functional sessions with partners
- Leads in the development of business cases requiring IT-based solutions
- Interfaces with vendors to understand whether vendor products will meet business requirements
- Maintains up-to-date awareness of the current and future directions of the industry and associated technologies, and, where appropriate, makes recommendations for implementation of new/upgraded systems and technologies
- Combines a general knowledge of multiple technology areas with knowledge of the targeted business function to de?ne and document the business requirements
- Maintains knowledge of multiple business functions and initiatives to identify where con?icts/synergies exist between technologies and business functions
- Analytical skills to critically evaluate the information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a more general understanding, comprehend presented user requests from the underlying true needs, and distinguish solution ideas from requirements
- Facilitation skills to lead requirements gathering workshops
- Organizational skills to work with the vast array of information gathered during elicitation and analysis and to cope with rapidly changing information
- Knowledge of product management concepts and how enterprise software products are positioned and developed
- Application domain knowledge is a plus, to have credibility with user representatives and be able to work effectively with them
- Experience or knowledge of the Engineering Consulting industry
- At least 5 years of experience in engineering project delivery
- At least 5 years of hands-on Project Management experience
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, management information systems, or a related field.
- Bilingual (French and English).
is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 65,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 12,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe it is expected that you comply with our Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) policy at all times as well as client HSE policies when working at client locations.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY.
WSP Global Inc.