MONTRÉAL | GATINEAU | OTTAWA | QUEBEC CITY
WSP is currently seeking a Business Operations Coordinator
to join our National
Strategic Advisory (SA) team embedded into the Transport & Infrastructure (T&I) business line, to be based in Montreal / Quebec city / Ottawa. Reporting to the Principal Director Strategic Advisory, this position will be responsible for business operational support to the T&I SA team. You will be an integral part of a dynamic and evolving team. Our Team works on some exciting projects both locally and nationally, your contribution will be vital to the continued success of the Team. WSP offers a flexible hybrid work model.
The duties include driving and management of business operations, such as leading and identification of pursuits, facilitating go/no-go decision making, opening / tracking / managing client opportunities, contributing to development of winning client propositions, developing operational reporting and driving continuous operational process improvement and be the custodian of the lessons learned.
The duties will also include providing coordinator support, coordinating sub-contractor contracts, preparing presentations, reviewing documents, basic invoicing support, resolve issues, plan team functions, document preparation, data entry, as directed by the Project and Team Managers. This position is required to interact closely with Project Managers and project staff on a daily basis to support the timely completion of each project.A day in the life:
We'd love to hear from you if you have...
- Facilitate management of client pursuits from identification to preparation of the go/no-go decision making and associated risk analysis, to managing the bid process, to client satisfaction
- Be the custodian of the opportunities landscape and maintain opportunities master file and support the CRM processes
- Coordinate and drive preparation of the winning proposals, including searching for relevant credentials and CVs, finding contract templates to legal review and coordinating client pitch / submission
- Scheduling, preparing and driving monthly operational meetings
- Develop, produce and distribute reports, studies, proposals, and general correspondence, i.e. invoicing
- Manage project and program information, including database and filing, i.e. management of the contracts data base
- Collaborate with internal staff to ensure completion of projects on a timely basis
- College diploma in Administration / Business / Management or other equivalent training;
- 5-7 years of relevant experience as a Project / Business environment preferably within an Engineering/Architectural or other professional service office;
- A driver mentality and a self-starter attitude, whilst maintaining agile approach to ever-changing environment;
- Excellent organizational and time management skills to respond to changing priorities and handling multiple tasks;
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and prioritize workload;
- Proficient on computer software applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- Good initiative, strong attention to detail;
- Decision making and problem-solving ability;
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and French languages
is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 65,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 12,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe it is expected that you comply with our Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) policy at all times as well as client HSE policies when working at client locations.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY.
WSP Canada Inc.
Administrative Maintenance and Technicians