Position Overview: English and Spanish and/or English and French
As a Business Help Desk Specialist you will be supporting priority business customers across Canada and internationally from a remote location. You'll gather information from customers, troubleshoot technical and account issues, and escalate cases as needed. You have technical troubleshooting experience, strong customer service instincts, and a passion for IT products and services. The hourly wage for this position is $22.43. Responsibilities:
The work consists of a wide variety of platforms, technologies, and roles:
• Google Apps Support
• Experience with MySQL
• Familiarity with zone files and MX records
• Experience with HTML
• Windows desktop support (all versions)
• Windows server support (NT4 and up)
• Network support
• Basic hardware troubleshooting
Our primary drive is to have a frontline team that has the ability to perform advanced troubleshooting and diagnostics of issues. The team will be driven to resolve tickets at first touch. Qualifications:Required Skills & Abilities
• Strong troubleshooting/problem solving skills
• Ability to prioritize and multitask work
• Ability to perform job functions under stress and pressure
• Ability to adapt to new technologies
• Experience working on central helpdesk teams
• Strong verbal and written communication skills and analytical skills
• Excellent customer service skills
• Self-motivated, creative, flexible
• Willing to take initiative and be accountable
• Commitment to continuous self-learning
• Commitment to document solutions and knowledge gaps as identified
• Experience using and troubleshooting Google Apps issues
• Must be willing to work various shifts as assigned in a 24/7 environment
• Reliability and regular attendance is essential Language Proficiencies:
• Must possess excellent English and Spanish spoken and written skills and/or excellent English and French spoken and written skills Technical Knowledge Requirements:
• Web technologies
• HTML, XML, HTTP protocols
• Email management (IMAP, POP3, Exchange)
• Desktop Operating systems (Microsoft/Apple)
• Troubleshooting connectivity and hardware issues
• MySQL Relevant Certifications:
One or more of the following certifications would be an asset:
• Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, MOS
• Cisco CCENT/CCNA
• BA/BS preferred Who is TELUS?
We're a high-performing team of individuals who collectively make TELUS one of the leading telecommunications companies in Canada. Our competitive consumer offerings include wireline, wireless, internet and Optik TV™. We also deliver a compelling range of products and services for small, medium and large businesses; and have carved out a leadership position in the health, energy, finance and public sector markets with innovative industry specific solutions.
Everyone belongs at TELUS. It doesn't matter who you are, what you do or how you do it, at TELUS, your unique contribution and talents will be valued and respected. Because the more diverse perspectives we have the more likely we are to crack the code on what our customers want and our communities need.
Do you share our passion?
At TELUS, you
create future friendly® possibilities.
At TELUS, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.