Business Development Specialist
Reference ID: 1900005845
BMO Life Assurance Company is currently looking for someone very professional, dynamic, self-sufficient and with a strong focus on sales to join their regional business development team in Montreal and fill the Business Development Specialist position (inside sales).
Based in our Montreal sales office and reporting to the Regional Vice President Business Development - Quebec and Atlantic region, the BDS (inside sales) is a key member of our regional sales office.
The BDS is responsible to support the sales efforts of our regional team including the Business Development Managers and the Regional Vice President Business Development.
One of the key focuses of the BDS is to identify the best business opportunities within our distribution network of Managing General Agents (MGA) and independent advisors.
The BDS is a key member of a team whose main objective is to stimulate our company's Life and Critical Illness insurance sales with our business partners.
As a Business Development Specialist, a large proportion of time is spent at the office doing the following activities:
- Proactive calls to our business partners with an objective of identifying the best business opportunities
- Technical support to advisors and MGAs on Life and Critical Illness products, software, sales tools, etc... This is mainly done over the phone
- Involved on special quote process as well as follow up on larger life insurance cases during policy issue
- Occasional meetings with our distribution partners - during seminars, special events, etc...
- Participating to regular meetings with our regional team (weekly and quarterly as well as Head office visits and workshops)
Education, experience and skills required
- Knowledge of the insurance business
- Prior experience in a sales support role
- Life insurance licence from the AMF
- Professional, dynamic, self sufficient, with a focus on sales and results
- Software knowledge: Word, Excel, Powerpoint ; Insurance software knowledge - an asset
- French and English - spoken and written
We're here to help
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do - helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future-the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we're changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Posted: March 15, 2019
Closes: May 14, 2019