The Director, Business Development acts as a business liaison for MDA with international markets. The incumbent effectively establishes and maintains strong business relationships with key customers and partners and is responsible for creating new business growth and leading business development, licensing and strategic partnering projects. Provides leadership in the planning, designing, due diligence and implementing of strategic business objectives. Manages a staff of salespeople and customer accounts.
The incumbent is responsible for the top-line and growth of a business area including bids, proposals, sales, business planning and forecasting. He or she may also work with technical specialists to define new product definition and business cases in an on-going effort to create new business areas. Tasks:
- Responsible for market research and product positioning, monitors competitive activity, and defines customer needs.
- Participates with other senior managers to establish strategic plans and objectives
- Responsible for revenue growth and defines appropriate strategies and tactics to achieve goals
- Builds and maintains strong relationships with partners, customers and government officials
- Ensures budgets and schedules meet corporate requirements
- Through an assessment of several factors including intangible variables, reduces broad concepts and business trends and/or strategies into structured product development and marketing plans.
- Establishes pricing and cost reduction strategies.
- Establishes technology and product development plans.
- Responsible for new product definition and business cases.
Primary ActivitiesCandidate Profile
- 15+ years of experience in relevant technical and business fields
- Must have previous experience in business development in the space industry.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Self-motivated with good interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Able to operate in uncertain and changing business environments
- Excellent industry and market awareness, ideally experience with Canadian government contracting.
- Flexible and able to travel
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering or equivalent technical/business education.
Posted: August 17, 2018
Closes: September 15, 2018