Tell us your story. Don't go unnoticed. Explain why you're a winning candidate. Think "TD" if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here's our story: jobs.td.com Department Overview
TD Asset Management (TDAM) is a member of TD Bank Financial Group and is one of Canada's largest investment management firms. As of March 30, 2018, TDAM and its affiliates manage over $350 billion in assets on behalf of pension, insurance, endowment/foundation and corporate clients, as well as high-net worth clients and retail mutual funds, across both active fundamental and quantitative-based solutions. On the retail investment side, TDAM is the third largest mutual fund company in Canada and manages assets on behalf of more than 1.9 million investors and offers one of the most broadly diversified fund families in Canada. A cornerstone of TDAM's success has been the ability to partner with its clients to develop customized solutions that meet their evolving needs and objectives.
TDAM's Advisor Distribution team offers a range of mutual funds and managed portfolios through a national sales and service team of over 100 people. The sales team is responsible for selling TD Mutual Funds through external advisors (Brokers and Planners), contributing to TD MF assets of over $100 Billion. TDAM in total manages over $260 Billion in AUM, making it one of the largest asset managers in Canada. Job Description
Reporting to the Manager - Inside Sales, the Business Development Associate will serve as a direct point of contact for the TD Mutual Funds sales force to provide support for the full range of products and services available through the Broker/Dealer sales channel. The Broker/Dealer sales channel's clients include Dealers, Investment Advisors, Brokers, Financial Planners, Insurance agents and their administrative support staff.
- Provide sales and administrative support for two territories (two Regional Sales Managers and two Business Development Managers)
- Full ownership of all aspects of territory calendar through proactive coordination and booking of meetings to ensure strategic and effective use of wholesalers' time
- Territory coverage including 1-on-1 meetings, socials and group events
- Full ownership of weekly TEAM meeting to ensure that:
- All national/regional responsibilities are executed against in a timely and effective manner
- All territory responsibilities (activity, sales, etc.) are executed against in a timely and effective manner
- New marketing material and reports are presented for sales team awareness and discussion to drive results
- Update and maintain client files in contact directory database
- Printing, collating and shipping of literature material orders, presentation kits, territory mailings, email blasts, etc.
- Produce reports according to cycle
- Act as primary contact for territory around co-op/marketing, expense database, etc.
- Deliver leadership that is aligned to overall channel strategy within all teams - territory, regional and national
- Develop, maintain and apply an in-depth knowledge of product solutions and offerings within TD Wealth Management as well as industry trends
- 2 - 3 years of experience in financial sales/client service, and/or hospitality
- Demonstrated success in sales is highly preferred
- A strong interest and desire to be in a sales role is a major asset for this role as the Sales Coordinators have the opportunity to promote to the position of Business Development Manager if successful.
- Strong knowledge of TD Mutual Fund products is highly preferred
- Strong proficiency with MSWord, Outlook, Excel and other Windows based PC applications
- Post-secondary education required, University degree considered an asset
- CSC required
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.