Tell us your story. Don't go unnoticed. Explain why you're a winning candidate. Think "TD" if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here's our story: jobs.td.com Department Overview
TD Asset Management (TDAM), a member of TD Bank Financial Group, is a leading North American investment manager offering progressive investment solutions to both institutional and individual investors. For over two decades, the organization has established competitive market positions in active, quantitative, and passive portfolio management. As of December 31, 2022, TDAM and its affiliates manage over $408billion in assets on behalf of pension, insurance, endowment/foundation, and corporate clients, as well as high-net worth clients and retail mutual funds.
In attaining this client commitment, TDAM has built one of Canada's largest and most respected investment management and research teams with more than 220 Portfolio Managers, Associate Portfolio Managers, Traders and Analysts.
The advisor distribution team offers a range of mutual funds, managed portfolios and exchange-traded funds and is made up of more than 100 people. It is responsible for selling these products to external advisors (brokers and planners).Job Description
Reporting to the Manager of Inside Sales and the Regional Vice President, the Business Development Associate will serve as the direct point of contact for the TD Asset Management sales team to provide support for the full range of products and services offered, as well as gain experience in the customer service team. Customers of the broker sales and services division include investment advisors, portfolio managers, financial planners, and their administrative support staff.
• Provide administrative and sales support to two territories (marketing, expense management, administrative needs etc.)
• Responsible for all aspects of the calendar for the territories, proactively coordinating to use the team's time effectively and strategically through individual meetings and group events.
• Every two months, work with the TD Asset Management (TDAM) customer service team to assist in the execution of tasks (answering incoming calls from customers, resolving account issues, making calls follow-up on orders), in compliance with policies, practices and procedures.
• Support weekly team meetings to ensure the following:
o All tasks at national and regional level are carried out efficiently and on time.
o All territory-level tasks (activities, sales, etc.) are executed efficiently and on time.
o new marketing materials and reports are presented to the sales team for information and discussion to drive results.
• Maintain client records in the data repository.
• Print, collect, and ship material orders, presentation packages, territorial mailings, emails, etc.
• Produce reports according to the sales cycle
• Provide leadership that is aligned with the overall strategy of the division within all teams - territorial, regional, and national.
• Acquire, maintain, and apply in-depth knowledge of solutions and products within TD Wealth Management and industry trends. Requirements
• Strong interest in occupying a sales position.
• Strong knowledge of MS Word, Outlook, Excel and other Windows PC applications
• The expectation is that the candidate will enroll in and complete the Canadian Securities Course (CSC)
• Interest in complementing the Chartered Investment Manager (CIM)
• This position requires proficiency in a language other than French to support customers, employees or markets located outside the province of Quebec or who require services in a language other than French. Additional Information
There are career growth opportunities available for individuals who excel in this position. Hours
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Management and Executive