VIRTUAL(R)59 - HomeRes - ON - BMO
Job Family Group:
Liaises with stakeholders to understand problems and opportunities and, recommends solutions to enable the achievement of organizational goals. Builds exceptional relationships with business partners and internal stakeholders. Analyzes data and creates documents and plans in service of informing, advising, or updating stakeholders. Ensures the requirements map to a real business need, are approved by all relevant stakeholders, and meet essential quality standards. Participates in reviews or inspections, in collaboration with the project team, to ensure the quality of work products.
Must be able drive forward technical initiatives within TO and have a solid understanding of Global Markets platform.
We're here to help
- Fosters a culture aligned to BMO purpose, values and strategy and role models BMO values and behaviours in all that they do.
- Ensures alignment between values and behaviour that fosters diversity and inclusion.
- Regularly connects work to BMO's purpose, sets inspirational goals, defines clear expected outcomes, and ensures clear accountability for follow through.
- Builds interdependent teams that collaborate across functional and operating groups to create the highest value for all stakeholders.
- Attracts, retains, and enables the career development of top talent.
- Improves team performance, recognizes and rewards performance, coaches employees, supports their development, and manages poor performance.
- Acts as a trusted advisor to senior leaders for making business decisions and implementing strategic initiatives.
- Develops an expert understanding of business/group challenges.
- Networks with industry contacts to gather competitive insights and best practices.
- Recommends measures to improve organizational effectiveness.
- May consult to or serve on various committees and task forces.
- Manages resources and leads the execution of strategic initiatives to deliver on business and financial goals.
- Develops the business case by identifying needs, analysing potential options and assessing expected return on investment.
- Acts as the prime contact for internal/external stakeholder relationships, which may include regulators.
- Collaborates across BMO to develop communications strategies and ensure consistency of messaging, in order to positively influence or change behaviour.
- Oversees the preparation of end user reference materials and training materials.
- Works with project stakeholders to validate their requirements and analysis models via techniques such as reviews and walkthroughs.
- Ensures system specifications meet expectations/requirements, and negotiates solutions.
- Creates documentation to ensure the supportability of analyses.
- Maintains existing requirements to ensure that current-state needs are known.
- Develops and implements data collection systems and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and data quality.
- Identifies, analyzes, and interprets trends or patterns in complex data sets.
- Filters and "cleans" data, and reviews computer reports, printouts and performance indicators to locate and correct code problems.
- Remains alert to new techniques for insights, analytics, and data visualization, and devises new ways of applying them.
- Interprets data, analyzes results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports.
- Recommends approaches to streamline and integrate technological processes in the organization to improve overall efficiency.
- Facilitates discussions and follows a structured approach to plan, elicit, analyze, document, communicate and manage requirements with stakeholders.
- Provides analytical support and insights.
- Identifies opportunities to strengthen business analysis capability, such as: sharing expertise to promote technical development, mentoring employees, building communities of practice and networks across BMO.
- Stays abreast of industry technical and business trends through participation in professional associations, practice communities & individual learning.
- Operates at a group/enterprise-wide level and serves as a senior specialist resource across BMO.
- Influences how teams/groups work together.
- Applies expertise and thinks creatively to address unique or ambiguous situations and to find solutions to multiple, interdependent, complex problems.
- Communicates abstract concepts in simple terms.
- Fosters strong internal and external networks and works with and across multiple teams to achieve business objectives.
- Anticipates trends and responds by implementing appropriate changes.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
- Typically 9+ years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have a Technical Background as well as knowledge with Capital Markets.
- Possesses analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Demonstrates applied knowledge of one or more analysis and problem decomposition technique.
- Understands complete Software Development Life Cycle and can apply the applicable portions of the 'Feasibility,' 'Requirements," and 'Analysis' phases.
- Demonstrates writing and documentation skills.
- Understands and can explain to others the core processes involved in their area of support.
- Seasoned expert with extensive industry knowledge.
- Technical leader viewed as a thought leader for innovation.
- Verbal & written communication skills - Expert.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - Expert.
- Influence skills - Expert.
- Collaboration & team skills; with a focus on cross-group collaboration - Expert.
- Able to manage ambiguity.
- Data driven decision making - Expert.
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmo.com/ca/en .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Note to Recruiters: BMO does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to BMO, directly or indirectly, will be considered BMO property. BMO will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. A recruiting agency must first have a valid, written and fully executed agency agreement contract for service to submit resumes.