PURPOSE OF JOB
To pick, pack, and quality check in a timely and accurate manner, all orders released for picking in the break pack pick section of the Fulfillment Centre. PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Comply with all company policies and procedures. • Maintains general cleanliness of the break pack pick lines, all common areas of the facility, and other areas as assigned according to company standards. • Work effectively in a team environment, assisting in all areas of the warehouse as required • Maintain a high degree of personal standards and conduct • Ability to pick and verify that the items and quantity picked correspond to the pick ticket description • When functioning in the Quality Control role, responsible for the accurate verification of the items picked by fellow Associates. • Rotate between the functions of break pack picking between lines and the function of QC as scheduled or as directed by management
• Perform on the job in the most cost-effective manner
Material Resources :
• Required to use basic material handling equipment. Training will be provided by the company. • Inform management of any maintenance issues regarding the equipment, the break pack line and Quality Control area, and/or the general warehouse area KNOWLEDGE / SKILL REQUIREMENTS
Skills : What you'll need:
• Must have good interpersonal skills: a team player, good communicator
• Experience and training with MHE would be an asset but not necessary
• Dynamic and resourceful
• Good command of English and French, particularly in reading
• High school diploma PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORKING CONDITIONS
The job requires the individual to stand and walk back and forth during the shift.
• Physical effort is required through lifting, bending, pulling twisting, etc.
Work environment :
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Work in a warehouse environment, which includes working throughout seasonal temperature variations.
• While performing duties of the job, the employee may operate warehouse equipment.
• Use of proper safety procedures will eliminate any potential hazards; noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Transportation and Warehousing