Permanent Primary Location:
Multiple Locations, Canada All Available Locations:
Bas St-Laurent; Brossard; Burlington; Calgary; Edmonton; Fredericton; Gatineau; Granby; Grand-Mère; Halifax; Hawkesbury; Kanata; Kitchener; Langley; Laval; London; Markham; Mississauga; Moncton; Montreal; Niagara; Normandin; Ottawa; Prince Albert; Prince George; Quebec City; Regina; Rimouski; Roberval; Rouyn-Noranda; Saint John; Saint-Hyacinthe; Saskatoon; Sept-Îles; Shawinigan; Sherbrooke; St. John's; Toronto; Trois-Pistoles; Trois-Rivières; Val D'Or; Vancouver; Vaughan; Victoria; Windsor; Winnipeg
External Posting Description
Assistant Manager, Bookkeeping Operations (ctrl)
Overview: We are looking to hire an Assistant Manager to join the ctrl group at Deloitte. This group is growing rapidly and we look forward to adding to this team! This individual will oversee the day to day operations for a team of virtual Bookkeepers. This position is a virtual role and the selected individual can be based anywhere within Canada.
The ctrl group group collaborates with local client delivery teams across the country to carry out tasks required to complete cloud accounting services for small and medium private clients in various business sectors. It is a one stop shop that offers client's services at a fixed monthly price. To learn more about ctrl by Deloitte please visit https://youtu.be/TBJN6zk3S-k
As Assistant Manager, you will:
- Coach, develop and manage a team of virtual Bookkeepers
- Equip teams with the necessary direction and develop tools to deliver client service excellence
- Have a deep understanding of service priorities (growth, technology, client satisfaction etc.) and work with the Senior Manager to establish strategies aligned with the group's goals
- Work with Senior Manager to develop and conduct training and identify process improvement opportunities
- Identify and solve technical issues and respond to client escalations
- Provide insightful and timely reporting on key metrics
- Provide superior client service by providing value added consultative solutions to our clients on current business and financial solutions
- Contribute to practice growth and development
- Complete other related duties, as required
External Posting Qualifications
External Posting Qualifications
- 4-7 years of relevant experience in financial accounting, including people management experience
- Completed post graduate degree or equivalent
- A CPA designation or equivalent, is an asset
- Possess excellent understanding of accounting principles (ASPE) and tax compliance and possess advanced accounting skills
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Strong understanding of bookkeeping functions
- Quick learning capacity
- Detail oriented individual comfortable working within tight deadlines
- Excellent relationship building skills with exceptional commitment to professional and client service excellence
- Excellent computer skills, particularly with a variety a cloud accounting platforms.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, strong attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines
- Proven ability to deliver the full cycle of project management accountabilities
- Experienced with project problem diagnosis, solution development, client communications, facilitation of decision making, documentation, managing client expectations and team leadership
- Bilingualism (French & English) considered an asset; Ability to communicate effectively in Spanish is considered an asset
- Comfortable managing a virtual team
Your role as an Assistant Manager at Deloitte:
- Embrace and live the firm's purpose - to make an impact that matters - by pushing yourself and your team to identify solutions to challenges that are most important for our clients, people, and society
- Develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- Deliver exceptional client service by maximizing results and driving high performance from people, while also fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- Influence clients, teams and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships
- Understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, and align people to them to set appropriate priorities and direction
Launch your career with The One Firm where you can make a greater impact than you ever thought possible. With endless opportunities at every turn, and a culture built to support and drive our people to be the very best they can be, Deloitte is The One Firm for you to learn, grow, create, and lead.
At Deloitte, we understand that everyone, and their career goals, are different. As a firm, we help create the conditions and opportunities that will enable our people to thrive - both professionally and personally. We do this by making three commitments to our people:
- You will lead at every level: We grow the world's best leaders so you can achieve the impact you seek, faster.
- You can work your way: We give you the means to work how you want, and we have innovative spaces and the mindset to help you be wildly successful.
- You will feel included and inspired: We create a deep sense of belonging where you can bring your whole self to work.
Apply now and let us show you how to push your career to the next level at Deloitte. The One Firm. For You.
Deloitte is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants' needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Recruiter to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted
Apply now × Apply for Job
Enter your email to apply
Posted: February 19, 2019
Closes: April 20, 2019